Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 03:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Question about 'activities section' for Wharton

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Question about 'activities section' for Wharton [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2008, 16:13
Under the activities section, it asks to list activities including any positions held, the dates of the activity, and the number of hours per week, listing your most important first.

When I enter the information, using carriage returns to separate each activity, and then I hit 'print application', everything is jumbled into one long paragraph. Is that what AdCom will see? If so, how to I clean it appropriately?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Schools: Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 8

Re: Question about 'activities section' for Wharton [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2008, 18:10
Try filling out everything in a Word file first, then cut and paste, which seems to keep some of the word formatting.

Yes, what you see is what they see, so play with it until you're happy with the result.

Rukuku.com–Interactive Online Courses
http://www.rukuku.com

Wharton/Lauder blog
http://www.onefootprint.com/lauderwharton/

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS class of 2011
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 2

Re: Question about 'activities section' for Wharton [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2008, 01:43
I have the same issue (not only with "activities" section, but also with any other that requires some longer input). I did type everything in word, made nice spaces, but even though I copied-pasted it to Wharton's application, the printour view shows everything in one big paragraph.

Did anybody manage to figure this out?
Director
Director
Schools: Wharton
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 106 [0], given: 0

Re: Question about 'activities section' for Wharton [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2008, 08:56
garbus222 wrote:
I have the same issue (not only with "activities" section, but also with any other that requires some longer input). I did type everything in word, made nice spaces, but even though I copied-pasted it to Wharton's application, the printour view shows everything in one big paragraph.

Did anybody manage to figure this out?

Here is what applyyourself says:

My paragraphs are not formatting correctly on essays that I typed or pasted into a text box.

To make your paragraphs distinct, manually add spaces using the space bar before each paragraph instead of the hard returns.

Note:
* The indentation will not show on the first paragraph
* Indentations will NOT appear if you view the HTML version of your printed application
* Indentations will appear ONLY in the PDF version of your printed application, which is what the institution will see You can view the PDF version of your application when all of your required questions are answered. You will do this by clicking on the "Submit" button, but you will not actually submit your application. After you click on the "Submit" button, you will be given a link that will allow you to view your application in PDF format.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross Class of 2011
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

Re: Question about 'activities section' for Wharton [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2008, 06:46
Absolutely just wait until you hit submit and it will show you the pdf version, which is the way the adcom will view your app. I does have all the formating you put in.
Re: Question about 'activities section' for Wharton   [#permalink] 03 Oct 2008, 06:46