Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 16:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Question about ESADE Application Stages

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Question about ESADE Application Stages [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2011, 10:08
Hi,

This questions is for forumers who may be familiar with the ESADE admissions process.

I am applying to ESADE Business School for Fall 2011 intake. I've completed my application and essays, and am at the stage where I would just need to click the 'Submit' button.

I am hesitant to submit right now because, from what I gather, ESADE does staged application rounds. Applications completed by December 10th will get decisions by January 14th, and applications completed by Feburary 11th will get decisions by March 4th. In theory, I should wait to submit closer to the Feburary 10th Stage 3 deadline.

However, I know that some international schools actually review applications as soon as they are submitted. Unlike many U.S. schools that don't file applications until after a particular round's deadline, some international schools may start reviewing completely submitted applications even before a round's deadline.

There is less than a month's time between Feburary 11th (ESADE Stage 3 deadline) and March 4th (ESADE's decision date for Stage 3). I am skeptical ESADE can get through all the Stage 3 applications (and schedule interviews) by March 4th if they only start filing and reviewing after Feburary 10th.

Suppose I submit my completed Stage 3 application immediately after the Jan 14th Stage 2 Decision Date, will ESADE start filing and reviewing it, weeks ahead of Feburary 11th Stage 3 deadline?
Manager
Manager
Schools: McGill Desautels Class of 2013
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Re: Question about ESADE Application Stages [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2011, 11:32
I don't have any specific information about the school or its procedures, but I can't see any negative associated with a submission shortly after the January 14th decision date for the previous round. At that point the school would theoretically have time to review your application if they aren't a Round-by-Round reviewing machine as in the US and even if they did have very similar procedures to the American B-school it can't hurt to get the application in when its finalized. Now, if you think that over the next four weeks you can do anything to polish the essays/resume/etc. then I'd suggest doing so, but if you're confident that your application is the best representation of yourself right now, I'd go right ahead with its submission shortly after Jan 14th.

Best of luck!
Re: Question about ESADE Application Stages   [#permalink] 07 Jan 2011, 11:32