Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 18:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Question about first toefl score

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Question about first toefl score [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2013, 09:13
Hello,
I have just received my TOEFL scores. I would like to retake the TOEFL Test.
However, if I decide to take the TOEFL exam again, does my previous score be cancelled ? Will my first score still be available?

Thank you for your answer.
Expert Post
Manager
Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 4

Re: Question about first toefl score [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2014, 13:52
Expert's post
Hi Tonyy76,

Sorry to read about your TOEFL score. Should you retake the exam, it would be my pleasure to teach/tutor you for a higher score. As a veteran Admissions Consultant with a 750 GMAT score, I have 7 years of teaching experience, a Rotman MBA, and a career in Banking. My services are targeted to professionals committed to taking their career to the next level.

I have been trained at, and have worked for two major test prep institutions, and have taught hundreds of satisfied students in Canada, the US, Hong Kong, and Tokyo. I have helped students get into Ivy League and top European MBA programs.

I specialize in:
-GMAT Teaching/Tutoring
-Application Consulting (Determining the right schools for your goals, and developing an application plan)
-Resume Building
-Essay Drafting
-Mock Interviewing

For questions or scheduling, please contact me at gmatbydavid-at-gmail.com, or visit my website at gmatbydavid.com

Looking forward to working with you!
David

Got questions?
gmatbydavid.com

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 11

Re: Question about first toefl score [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2014, 23:46
No, your previous scores will not be cancelled. In fact, they will be available to all the schools you send your new score to.

Not to worry though, schools only consider your highest score.

My advice is to contact the school you are targeting and ask if they can give you some leeway for one or two points. If they don't and you are still taking the TOEFL again, then do concentrate on the section you lost the most points in.

All the best.

Read my 750 GMAT story and tips

Content and presentation matter more than pleasantness in an interview.

"Iradein hain fauladi - Himmat e har kadam" - With an iron resolve, take each step with courage.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

minimum toefl score required [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 20:20
Hello,

I am applying in this fall intake to US for doing MBA. I scored 610 on gmat with 60 percentile (31/51) in verbal and 59% in quant (43/51) and scored 90 in toefl IBT where I fumbled in writing section. The colleges that I have shortlisted requires minimum 100 in toefl. Will my toefl score create any hindrance in getting admission. What is the average toefl score required to get in the colleges. Is my score too bad???

Thanks,
Jimi Shah
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 11

Re: minimum toefl score required [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 22:33
jimis wrote:
Hello,

I am applying in this fall intake to US for doing MBA. I scored 610 on gmat with 60 percentile (31/51) in verbal and 59% in quant (43/51) and scored 90 in toefl IBT where I fumbled in writing section. The colleges that I have shortlisted requires minimum 100 in toefl. Will my toefl score create any hindrance in getting admission. What is the average toefl score required to get in the colleges. Is my score too bad???

Thanks,
Jimi Shah

Yes your TOEFL score will be a hindrance. The minimum TOEFL score is usually 100. While some schools actually enforce this limit and reject any applications that even 1 mark below this, others use the score as a guideline and generally avoid students with low toefl scores.

I suggest that you take both the exams again.

Read my 750 GMAT story and tips

Content and presentation matter more than pleasantness in an interview.

"Iradein hain fauladi - Himmat e har kadam" - With an iron resolve, take each step with courage.

Re: minimum toefl score required   [#permalink] 22 Jan 2014, 22:33