Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 10:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Question about OG difficulties

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 12

Question about OG difficulties [#permalink] New post 28 May 2010, 08:29
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance for your help. I have a few questions about OG 10 - 12

1) Are the questions progressively harder? Ex. is question 100 much harder than question 2?
2) What range of difficulty can I expect from these questions? If the above is true, do the last few "hard" questions represent questions at the 700 level? 750 level?
3) Are questions from OG 10 and 11 supposed to be easier than those from the 12?

Are there any other common tips and advice with these guides?

Thanks for your help!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 12333
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9398 [0], given: 3696

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Question about OG difficulties [#permalink] New post 28 May 2010, 08:50
Expert's post
stuckatfailure wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance for your help. I have a few questions about OG 10 - 12

1) Are the questions progressively harder? Ex. is question 100 much harder than question 2?
2) What range of difficulty can I expect from these questions? If the above is true, do the last few "hard" questions represent questions at the 700 level? 750 level?
3) Are questions from OG 10 and 11 supposed to be easier than those from the 12?

Are there any other common tips and advice with these guides?

Thanks for your help!



See here - this should address. In terms of difficulty, some argue that OG 10 is easier, but it has very little overlap with OG 12. The only word of caution is that if you take OG 10 - it has overlap with GMAT Prep software.

gmat-club-guide-to-the-gmat-official-guide-12th-ed-85956.html
official-guide-for-gmat-12ed-in-complete-details-76806.html
photo-review-official-guide-companion-ogc-from-mgmat-94278.html
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 12333
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9398 [0], given: 3696

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Question about OG difficulties [#permalink] New post 28 May 2010, 09:16
Expert's post
One more - here you go:

Image
That's from this post: photo-review-official-guide-companion-ogc-from-mgmat-94278.html
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 12

Re: Question about OG difficulties [#permalink] New post 28 May 2010, 09:21
Thank you bb!
The excel sheet looks great. 1 more question, I noticed that things are classified into easy, medium, and hard. What range do each of those represent? Hard -> 600-800 level?

Thanks!

bb wrote:
stuckatfailure wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance for your help. I have a few questions about OG 10 - 12

1) Are the questions progressively harder? Ex. is question 100 much harder than question 2?
2) What range of difficulty can I expect from these questions? If the above is true, do the last few "hard" questions represent questions at the 700 level? 750 level?
3) Are questions from OG 10 and 11 supposed to be easier than those from the 12?

Are there any other common tips and advice with these guides?

Thanks for your help!



See here - this should address. In terms of difficulty, some argue that OG 10 is easier, but it has very little overlap with OG 12. The only word of caution is that if you take OG 10 - it has overlap with GMAT Prep software.

gmat-club-guide-to-the-gmat-official-guide-12th-ed-85956.html
official-guide-for-gmat-12ed-in-complete-details-76806.html
photo-review-official-guide-companion-ogc-from-mgmat-94278.html
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 12333
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9398 [0], given: 3696

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Question about OG difficulties [#permalink] New post 28 May 2010, 09:32
Expert's post
stuckatfailure wrote:
Thank you bb!
The excel sheet looks great. 1 more question, I noticed that things are classified into easy, medium, and hard. What range do each of those represent? Hard -> 600-800 level?

Thanks!



The classification is not scientific, just quick one, but the OG Companion by the GMAT that I mentioned and image posted goes a lot further to estimate the question difficulty. You can pick up a copy from their site.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 12

Re: Question about OG difficulties [#permalink] New post 28 May 2010, 10:12
okay thank you!
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2010
Posts: 583
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 7

Re: Question about OG difficulties [#permalink] New post 28 May 2010, 11:07
bb, is there an overlap between OG11 and OG12? If so, how big. Thanks.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 12333
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9398 [0], given: 3696

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Question about OG difficulties [#permalink] New post 30 May 2010, 06:20
Expert's post
nonameee wrote:
bb, is there an overlap between OG11 and OG12? If so, how big. Thanks.


66% overlap.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Question about OG difficulties   [#permalink] 30 May 2010, 06:20
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic DOUBT ABOUT DIFFICULTY OF QUESTIONS. spla626 1 06 Nov 2013, 09:51
OG Question Difficulty krypt 1 05 Jun 2010, 11:28
Experts publish their posts in the topic OG - are the questions in order of difficulty? MontrealLady 7 10 Oct 2009, 10:27
OG11 question difficulty pmenon 3 12 Aug 2007, 11:58
Difficulty Level of Questions in the OG d-dogg 2 27 Nov 2004, 14:09
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Question about OG difficulties

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: WaterFlowsUp, bagdbmba



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.