Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 20:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Question about program switch and ethics

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Question about program switch and ethics [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 05:04
Hi

I know someone in a situation (which I may be in soon) where they have applied to a second class and a first class school. The second class school is something like Schulich or Simon, but they also put in a chance application to a top tier.

If the person gets accepted into the top tier program, is it moral and possible for them to drop out of one program and join another- even if they have been in the lower grade program for a few weeks?

Does anyone have any info or experience on this?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: GMAT Prepster and Stratus Prep
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.1
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 4

Re: Question about program switch and ethics [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 06:48
Morality is for the individual to answer. I do believe it is possible and schools do offer spots to students very late in the process. 'This person' will probably lose some deposit money.

If my response helps, please add throw me a kudos.

Jim Kernan is the Director of GMAT Operations at Stratus Prep and author of GMAT Materials for GMAT Prepster.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 111 [0], given: 215

Re: Question about program switch and ethics [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 12:28
bloomberger wrote:
Hi

I know someone in a situation (which I may be in soon) where they have applied to a second class and a first class school. The second class school is something like Schulich or Simon, but they also put in a chance application to a top tier.

If the person gets accepted into the top tier program, is it moral and possible for them to drop out of one program and join another- even if they have been in the lower grade program for a few weeks?

Thanks

Forget about morals... the deposit dude!!!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Question about program switch and ethics [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 05:53
Of course, it's possible.
But I just wonder why do you think it's an ethical/moral issue?
It's just a matter of losing $$$.

bloomberger wrote:
Hi

Thanks
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 1

Re: Question about program switch and ethics [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 06:07
$$ is one aspect but you are depriving another deserving guy. What is your second option to you might be another person's first option. So it is always better to decide your mind before comiting to one school. Once you commited to one school, it is unfair for you to waste one precious seat. When you decided, be responsible for your action and own up.

As all said, moral, ethics are your own person and you are the right person to decide your own boundary.
Re: Question about program switch and ethics   [#permalink] 18 Jan 2013, 06:07