Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 21:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

question about scratch pad

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

question about scratch pad [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2007, 19:25
Hi,

I have heard some nightmares about people waiting several minutes to get a new scatch pad in the middle of the exam. If I were to wear a crappy long sleeve shirt t-shirt, would I be able to wipe the pad clean and reuse them without switching out for a new one? Thanks
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2007, 19:48
I had the same concern.
As a matter of fact, I was wondering if anyone knows if we can by the actual scratch pad from somewhere before the test.
I'm trying to simulate as close as possible the real experience, so I'd like a close replica rather than just a whiteboard.
Also, does anyone know what kind of marker they issue to test takers?
This may sound crazy, but the fewer surprises I have come test day and the more comfortable I feel with the test environment, the better, IMHO!
Thanks!
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 420 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2007, 21:28
It's a permanent (more or less) marker. You'd need to spit on it or something to wipe it off.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 58

Kudos [?]: 320 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2007, 00:17
Just saw the pad and the pen at the testing center today (the lady there was SUPER NICE).

The pen is a super fine tip pen, like a real ink pen that people use to take notes on paper. Supposedly they dry out in a few minutes (according to the lady), but the test center I'm at (San Jose) you just raise your hand with the pen or the pad and supposedly they'll jump in with a new one in seconds.

The pad is a 8 x 13 yellow laminated grid paper (grids are about 1/2 centimeter big), 10 sheets front and back.

I would say get some view foils from office depot, and get a wet erase super fine tip pen and practice on that.

Hope that helps!
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 420 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2007, 00:27
I took the exam in San Jose. In theory, they provide an additional pen as soon as you raise your hand. In practice, it can take a little while (I waited a minute or so). I asked for an additional pen beforehand, and they refused. For my second attempt, I asked for a new pen (because I had problems the first time) and they obliged. It can be a little stressful if you've got a few questions to go and a few minutes left, and you're sitting there with your hand in the air and a dry pen.

The San Jose test center is pretty good (only one I've been to so I don't really have any comparison) but they don't respond instantly. Sometimes there's just one proctor there and if they're dealing with someone already, well, there's nothing to do but wait.
  [#permalink] 27 Jul 2007, 00:27