Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 20:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

question! How much is age important!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

question! How much is age important! [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2006, 19:32
Is age a factor in your apps. I have 3 degrees, a company and 1.5 years of experience under my belt. I am 26 years. Any advice as to how I should plan my MBA IS greatly appreciated. My top schools are Wharton, Kellogs, and Harvard.

Look forward to hearing from you all!!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2006, 20:43
I have heard that most schools are turning young...and I was wondering what should be the ideal timeline/age to get into business school. The company i started is based in fremont, california..
VP
VP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 183 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2006, 22:29
I suggest you try posting this question to Hjort, Paul, or in the B-School Experience section. Its current misplacement may mean it' not being read by the right people.

Cheers. L.
VP
VP
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 07:04
lepium wrote:
I suggest you try posting this question to Hjort, Paul, or in the B-School Experience section. Its current misplacement may mean it' not being read by the right people.

Cheers. L.

I read Hjort saying something like this about age: people place undue emphasis on age. However, when the applicant is older, there are also higher expectations in terms of leadership experience at workplace.

The path is long, but self-surrender makes it short;
the way is difficult, but perfect trust makes it easy.

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2007, 18:26
I am 24 with currently 2 yr of work experience, just got into Columbia and wharton. doesn't seem like age was a problem for me
Manager
Manager
Schools: Darden:Tepper:UCUIC:Kenan Flager:Nanyang:NUS:ISB:UCI Merage:Emory
WE 1: 3

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 7

Re: [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2009, 04:22
todolist wrote:
I am 24 with currently 2 yr of work experience, just got into Columbia and wharton. doesn't seem like age was a problem for me

HI "todolist" .....can you please tell us about ur work exp and how did u get thru ...i mean the main points in ur essays or SOP which might have worked in favour of u....ie if u don mind..

thanks in advance,
kyle

Second cut is the deepest cut!!!:P

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 693 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: question! How much is age important! [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2009, 05:12
kylexy dont think you are going to get an answer...that post is a few years old.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: question! How much is age important! [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 11:54
I think age is important when evaluating the opportunity cost. Additionally, schools will accept you if they think they can place you. they need to keep their placement numbers high. Acceptance to a school will answer your question effectively. I see that 34 seems to be a cutoff when I view student profiles for full time programs.
Current Student
Schools: Schulich class of 2012
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 2

Re: question! How much is age important! [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 20:23
I'm 23 and I was accepted into the top two schools here in Canada and waitlisted at Notre Dame.

So, I guess that doesn't help you much since Canada might not have an age bias that the USA does, but your experience is pretty impressive! I think you're bang-on average age for MBA candidates though...

Harvard seems to like 'em younger from what I read.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: question! How much is age important! [#permalink] New post 27 May 2010, 10:10
I agree, a lot of schools are churning out younger grads nowadays. But I wouldn't get discouraged. A lot of people are at different places at different times in their lives.
Re: question! How much is age important!   [#permalink] 27 May 2010, 10:10