Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 03:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

question on gmatprep question pack 1

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 640 Q40 V38
GPA: 3.94
WE: Accounting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 17

question on gmatprep question pack 1 [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2013, 20:06
Hi Guys,

I did the 2 gmatprep test in the past 3 weeks and got a 610 on the first one and a 660 on the second one. I downloaded the gmatprep question pack 1 and I noticed that the questions seemed much harder than what I encounter on both gmatprep tests, especially in quant (even the easy and medium ones level ones). I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way about the questions on gmatprep question pack 1. Also, should I rely on my gmatprep tests score or on the questions in the gmatprep question pack? Which are more representative of the exam?

Any response would be appreciated,
Thanks in advance
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 255

Kudos [?]: 553 [0], given: 5

Re: question on gmatprep question pack 1 [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2013, 11:09
Expert's post
Jinkev,
Your question is a bit hard to answer. What may be hard for you may be easier for others. It depends on the data -- GMAC collects the data from sample test runs and the ones that more people got correct are generally marked as more difficult. This does not necessarily mean it will be more difficult for you.

The question pack may have a set of questions perhaps more difficult -- but they are just as equally likely to be on the exam. The GMATPrep test is by far the most representative test since it's created by the testmakers -- but beware. There are certainly many cases where students do decent on GMATPrep tests but then bomb the actual test. This may be due to nerves -- but it may also be due to this observation you made -- that students didn't practice on a wide range of questions going into the exam.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: question on gmatprep question pack 1 [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2014, 13:28
Hi,

I made the same experience as Jinkev,

I have following impression:
• Exam Pack 1 is more difficult, leads to approax. 50 points lower.
• Especially in the sentence correction part it differs from what I have experienced when I practiced with OG Books and the default GMAT pack. What I mean is for instance in the OG answer choices including “Being” or “Instead” or Answer choices which were not part of a group of answer choices were almost always wrong, whereas in the exam pack 1 it seems that this different.

I am now wondering if all these “fast rules” which developed unconsciously are treated different in the real exam? ( I know that there is no guaranty with these rules, but still people are following them because of experience and it would of course be very irritating and could lead to a much weaker result).

Thanks for any more feedback.

Levent
Re: question on gmatprep question pack 1   [#permalink] 01 Feb 2014, 13:28