Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 12:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Question regarding GMAT preparation materials

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Posts: 20
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Question regarding GMAT preparation materials [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2014, 15:45
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi all,

I had a question regarding GMAT preparation materials. I have the OG '13 and Kaplan Premiere '13 guides.
I am confused if I should buy "The Official Guide for GMAT® Verbal Review, 2nd Edition" and "The Official Guide for GMAT® Quantitative Review, 2nd Edition" as well ? I read on Amazon that the questions in these books are quite simple plus there is quite a bit of overlap with the OG book. Can someone please clarify ?

Thanks!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
User avatar
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 12065
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8200 [1] , given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Question regarding GMAT preparation materials [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2014, 16:09
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
batman08 wrote:
Hi all,

I had a question regarding GMAT preparation materials. I have the OG '13 and Kaplan Premiere '13 guides.
I am confused if I should buy "The Official Guide for GMAT® Verbal Review, 2nd Edition" and "The Official Guide for GMAT® Quantitative Review, 2nd Edition" as well ? I read on Amazon that the questions in these books are quite simple plus there is quite a bit of overlap with the OG book. Can someone please clarify ?

Thanks!



There are no overlaps with the OG books (though some overlap with some of the software/banks available for sale that I have seen, specifically old PowerPrep and Paper Tests).
The answer is that unless you need more official questions, you don't need them.

P.S. Kaplan guide is not really enough by itself. If you mean "guides" do you mean verbal/quant workbooks too?
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Posts: 20
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Question regarding GMAT preparation materials [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2014, 16:30
bb wrote:
There are no overlaps with the OG books (though some overlap with some of the software/banks available for sale that I have seen, specifically old PowerPrep and Paper Tests).
The answer is that unless you need more official questions, you don't need them.

P.S. Kaplan guide is not really enough by itself. If you mean "guides" do you mean verbal/quant workbooks too?


Thank you for your prompt reply bb. I have the 'Kaplan New GMAT Premier 2013 with 5 Online Practice Tests' and 'The Official Guide for GMAT Review, 13th Edition'. Plus, I have the PowerScore CR Bible and the Manhattan SC book. Do you think these books are enough to get a good score ? I am worried more about the Verbal section than Quant.
Any thoughts about 'GMATPrep® Question Pack 1' and 'GMATPrep® Exam Pack 1' ? Should I purchase these ?
Expert Post
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Status: It always seems impossible until it's done!!
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 347
Location: India
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 253 [0], given: 117

Re: Question regarding GMAT preparation materials [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2014, 21:48
Expert's post
batman08 wrote:
I have the 'Kaplan New GMAT Premier 2013 with 5 Online Practice Tests' and 'The Official Guide for GMAT Review, 13th Edition'. Plus, I have the PowerScore CR Bible and the Manhattan SC book. Do you think these books are enough to get a good score ? I am worried more about the Verbal section than Quant.
Any thoughts about 'GMATPrep® Question Pack 1' and 'GMATPrep® Exam Pack 1' ? Should I purchase these ?


Hi, These books are enough to prepare and make your ground strong on the what is tested. SC and CR rules and question types. But nobody can assure you that these books will guarantee you a good score. Since it depends on many other factors not just on the books what you follow.
_________________

Believe you can and you're halfway there- Theodore Roosevelt

My Blog

Rules for posting in Quants Forum || Rules for posting in verbal forum

Improving from V30 to V40 | Improving from Q35-40 to Q47 | Bunuel Special Problem Collections New!!


Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Posts: 20
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Question regarding GMAT preparation materials [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 06:25
Gnpth wrote:
Hi, These books are enough to prepare and make your ground strong on the what is tested. SC and CR rules and question types. But nobody can assure you that these books will guarantee you a good score. Since it depends on many other factors not just on the books what you follow.


Thanks for your reply!
One more thing, should I buy the GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 and the GMATPrep Question Pack 1 from mba.com ?
Re: Question regarding GMAT preparation materials   [#permalink] 28 Jan 2014, 06:25
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
questions regarding study plan and study materials. eybrj2 1 27 May 2012, 15:42
2 Donate your GMAT Books and Preparation Materials nafishasan60 9 31 Mar 2011, 03:19
Question regarding the GMAT administration target2010 1 13 Mar 2011, 23:48
GMAT preparation material summa1234 1 01 Mar 2005, 20:25
2 Questions regarding GMAT pjk 1 02 Jan 2005, 21:26
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Question regarding GMAT preparation materials

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: bagdbmba, WaterFlowsUp



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.