Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 22:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Question regarding INSEAD re-application

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Question regarding INSEAD re-application [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 02:31
Hello everyone,

My application to INSEAD for Sept-2014 intake got rejected in R2. I am thinking to reapply for Jan-2016 intake. However, response I got from AdCom regarding reapplication was not encouraging.

I want to know whether anybody had success in re-applying to INSEAD and what strategies they followed.

Would appreciate your advice on this if possible.
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

Re: Question regarding INSEAD re-application [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2014, 06:26
Expert's post
INSEAD differs from most top MBA programs in its approach to reapplicants – it doesn’t generally welcome reapplications. If they DO have interest in a particular candidate and would like to consider a new application, they will proactively advise the applicant.

While it may seem discouraging if you really want to attend INSEAD and haven’t been invited to reapply, look at the plus side: they’re being straight with you – they’re not teasing you to spend a lot of time on an application that they already know they’re not interested in, even though a greater number of applications would boost their competitive profile among MBA programs.

Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Advisor, Accepted
310-815-9553
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Question regarding INSEAD re-application [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2014, 05:49
franklinc wrote:
Hello everyone,

My application to INSEAD for Sept-2014 intake got rejected in R2. I am thinking to reapply for Jan-2016 intake. However, response I got from AdCom regarding reapplication was not encouraging.

I want to know whether anybody had success in re-applying to INSEAD and what strategies they followed.

Would appreciate your advice on this if possible.

While INSEAD doesn't encourage re-applicants, it indeed will reconsider your application if your profile has changed significantly since your last application.

I would recommend following strategy:

1. If you were not shortlisted for interview, don't even try again. It will be too competitive to first get shortlisted for interviews and then getting
admitted.

2. If you got dinged after interview (without being waitlisted), it would still be a tough battle. You probably got bad reviews by both of your interviewers.

3. If you got waitlisted but rejected in the end, re-application would help. Make sure to get feedback from entrepreneurs and make a story round how has your candidacy improved since last time.

Lastly, you might consider applying to other business schools like IMD or LBS. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
Re: Question regarding INSEAD re-application   [#permalink] 11 Mar 2014, 05:49