Please help me out. I just began studying for the gmat a week ago. I have a few questions. These are from the GMATprep test.
1. Are atleast 10% of the people in country X who are 65 or older employed?
1) In Country X, 11.3% of the population is 65 or older.
2) In County X, of the people 65 or older, 20% men and 10% women are employed.
2. For which of the following function is f(a+b) = f(a) + f(b) for all positive numbers a and b?
(This question sort of seems weird to me, I dont even exactly understand what its asking)
a. f(x) = x^2
b. f(x) = x+1
c. f(x) = (x)^1/2
d. f(x) = 2/x
e. f(x) = -3x
3. What is remainder when positive integer x is divided by 3?
1. When x is divided by 6, the remainder is 2.
2. When x is divided by 15, the remainder is 2.
4. What is x (See attached pic)
5. What is the ratio of KN/MN? (see rectangle pic attached)
1. Perimeter of KLMN is 30.
2. Three small rectangles have the same dimensions.
Please provide explanations. Help me out! Thanks!
RectangleKNMN.jpg [ 7.4 KiB | Viewed 236 times ]
triangle.jpg [ 8.4 KiB | Viewed 236 times ]