Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 01:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Questions about Rotman and faculty of Arts of Science in UT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Questions about Rotman and faculty of Arts of Science in UT [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2010, 07:44
I am a new year student of Utoronto and I student Economics in the Faculty of Arts and Science. I learn that the Faculty of Arts and Science and the Rotman School of Management jointly offer a Rotman Commerce program and I am really interested in it.

Rotman Commerce program:
-Offered jointly by the Faculty of Arts and Science and the Rotman School of Management, the Rotman Commerce program offers an innovative and integrative curriculum with a global perspective for an enriched professional undergraduate experience. Students can specialize in one of three areas:
-Accounting
-Finance and Economics
-Management
-Each stream combines career-oriented courses in management and applied economics with a wide selection of courses in the arts and sciences. The balance assures graduates of a solid understanding of business and modern society along with critical and analytical skills for effective decision-making and organizational leadership.
-It is also possible for student to major in Commerce (as part of a Bachelor of Arts), which provides students with a foundation in business while allowing them to concentrate in another discipline within Arts and Science.

Is it easy to get into this program if I change my current program? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ted Rogers (Ryerson),
WE 1: Military 6 Years (2 in Leasdership)
WE 2: Auditing .5 Years
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Questions about Rotman and faculty of Arts of Science in UT [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2010, 08:13
I attended UT for my UGrad majoring in Economics and Spanish. My class selection was restricted to the faculty of arts and sciences (ArtSci) and was unable to take any classes offered by Rotman. If you didn't apply to Rotman for first year commerce (and therefore did not receive the Commerce Guarantee) entance to B.Comm is based on your CGPA, and you must take the first year requirements. There are minimum grades you must receive in certain classes, including economics 100 and math (calculus). Details can be found by searching for the 2010-11 ArtSci calendar and looking for Rotman Commerce. Google it!

From my experience, it is not easy to do. With regards to a commerce major as an ArtSci student, in short, no. You can be a B.Comm student or a Rotman Arts student and still major in anything else within ArtSci.

Hope that helps and good luck.
Re: Questions about Rotman and faculty of Arts of Science in UT   [#permalink] 14 Jun 2010, 08:13