Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
As acceptances have started to roll in, I've noticed that quite a few schools have had current students reach out to me to ask if I had any questions about the school, and I'm sometimes at a loss for what to say.
I've been thinking about this issue a lot lately, and I've come up with a few good questions, does anyone else have any suggestions?
- How/why did you choose to attend your school (e.g. why did you pick your school over the other schools that you were admitted to)?
- How do you like the town/city/area around the school?
- What clubs/organizations do you participate in?
- Do you feel like the Career Office is very active, or do students have to do a lot of their own leg-work to find internships and full-time jobs?
- How did you get your internship / job offer? (for second-years or maybe 2nd semester first-years)
- Are there any classes/organizations/events that you would recommend participating in?
- What is the environment/culture like at the school? (competitive, friendly, fun, etc.)
Re: Questions to Ask Current Students [#permalink]
02 Feb 2011, 11:15
This post received KUDOS
These are good questions. Ask what you're genuinely interested in. Campus life, off-campus housing, cost of living and various organizations are particularly good places to start if you've already been admitted. If you haven't then obviously you'd adjust your questions and point them more toward their experience so far, recruiting options, what their favorite aspects of the whole program are, etc.
Re: Questions to Ask Current Students
02 Feb 2011, 11:15
Check out this awesome article about Anderson on Poets Quants, http://poetsandquants.com/2015/01/02/uclas-anderson-school-morphs-into-a-friendly-tech-hub/ . Anderson is a great place! Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I...