Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Apr 2014, 23:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Questions to ask during feedback session

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Questions to ask during feedback session [#permalink] New post 27 May 2004, 16:17
Hi Linda,

I had applied to Wharton and Kellogg for Fall 2004, but was rejected. I already had my feedback session with Wharton and they said though my undergraduate and graduate school grades were good, my GMAT verbal was a concern (GMAT 680, V-62%, M-95%). They also mentioned I needed more professional work experience ( I had about 1 and half year when I applied). They also wanted me to show more involvement in activities outside work. Lastly, they wanted me to be more clear on my essays, with respect to why now. I'm planning to take my GMAT to increase my Verbal to above 80 percentile.

I have my feedback with Kellogg on June 4th, but it is before the teleseminar by accepted.com. I'm planning to attend the teleseminar, since my feedback session is before June 10th I was wondering what questions to ask during feedback session. Are there any questions that I should ask Kellogg in particular from my feedback from Wharton.

Thanks,
Vishnu
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 305 [0], given: 58

GMAT Tests User
Re: Questions to ask during feedback session [#permalink] New post 28 May 2004, 12:20
Expert's post
NWU_Grad wrote:
Hi Linda,

I had applied to Wharton and Kellogg for Fall 2004, but was rejected. I already had my feedback session with Wharton and they said though my undergraduate and graduate school grades were good, my GMAT verbal was a concern (GMAT 680, V-62%, M-95%). They also mentioned I needed more professional work experience ( I had about 1 and half year when I applied). They also wanted me to show more involvement in activities outside work. Lastly, they wanted me to be more clear on my essays, with respect to why now. I'm planning to take my GMAT to increase my Verbal to above 80 percentile.

I have my feedback with Kellogg on June 4th, but it is before the teleseminar by accepted.com. I'm planning to attend the teleseminar, since my feedback session is before June 10th I was wondering what questions to ask during feedback session. Are there any questions that I should ask Kellogg in particular from my feedback from Wharton.

Thanks,
Vishnu

BTW, you can save $5.00 off the registration fee for the reapplicant seminar if you register by May 31.

To answer your question, yes. First listen to Kellogg's feedback. Then if the rep doesn't refer to your lack of experience or low verbal score. You can ask, "Did the committee have concerns about the quantity or quality of experience in my application?" "Did the committee have any concerns about my English, specifically my verbal GMAT score?" "Did my essays adequately convey my non-professional interests and my reasons for wanting an MBA at this time?"

You may also find our article on Reapplying to MBA programshelpful.

Good luck!

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Questions to ask during feedback session [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2004, 14:44
Hi Vishnu
Can you share the Feedback you received from Kellogg?
Thanks