Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 06:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Questions would earlier change font color or become unbold

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 47 [1] , given: 150

Questions would earlier change font color or become unbold [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2012, 01:17
This post received
KUDOS
Hi
Although I am in touch with BB regarding this issue
I just wanted to make it public to gather more support, lately has anybody noticed that on completing a particular question, the question font color does not change, earlier on clicking on a question the question font's color could change . So I would be able to identify at a glance that I have clicked on this question. Please see the screens shot below, this still happens in the Test section though.

But somehow this has stopped happening in the other sections,( Earlier it was 100% happening) Question Font is not changing color in other places once viewed, as its happening in the test section.
I am sure there is somebody there who has noticed this as well.
If anybody else has also noticed this, please post it here. so that things can be rectified.There were many advantages of this feature. Would visually be able to see which are the new questions that I have not attempted.Don't have to open a question , to find out that one has already done .Track one's progress and many more advantages.

So if anybody else is missing this feature, please pitch in so BB can prioritize this.( Seriously I cannot be the only one in the whole world who has noticed this !!) What could be the mystery?

Please share your views regarding this.

Regards
Stne

PFA screen shot

P.S. Note feature in Test section as shown in screen shot is still working but same thing has stopped happening in other sections. Earlier it was for sure happening in other sections as well.

also I first faced this issue on June 23 -2012 That was a few days after New version of GMAT Club was launched .I am a regular to GMAT Club and everything was ok till 22 , but when I visited this site again on 23 June I noticed that questions font were no longer changing color once viewed.
perhaps this additional info can help to Diagnose the issue.
Attachments

fonts earlier changed color.JPG
fonts earlier changed color.JPG [ 60.51 KiB | Viewed 1562 times ]

- Stne

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2220

Kudos [?]: 8215 [1] , given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Questions would earlier change font color or become unbold [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2013, 06:52
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi. I have checked with 3 people and everyone has the colors working just fine.
Taking into consideration that you have 2 issues at the same time (one of which is bookmarking which is not related to GMAT Club - that's really a function of the browser), I would suspect the issue may with the browser and on that side.... just a thought for you to check/reinstall? Perhaps you updated the browser yesterday or something else happened?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 8215 [0], given: 3641

Re: Questions would earlier change font color or become unbold [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2012, 08:44
Expert's post
Thank you, we have given this to the design team to create a solution but it's taking longer than expected.
We have put the request 2.5 weeks ago.

Best Regards,
BB

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 8215 [0], given: 3641

Re: Questions would earlier change font color or become unbold [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2012, 22:40
Expert's post
We have just added this feature (though I am not sure I love the color).
Let me know what feedback you may have.

Thanks!

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.47
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 1

Re: Questions would earlier change font color or become unbold [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2012, 00:49
bb, I am with you on the color... not the best choice in my opinion. Maybe grey instead of purple?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 150

Re: Questions would earlier change font color or become unbold [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2012, 00:57
bb wrote:
We have just added this feature (though I am not sure I love the color).
Let me know what feedback you may have.

Thanks!

Thank you BB, color doesn't matter , as long as I can differentiate between the one's I have done and the one's I need to do, all will be ok.

The color decision is yours , that's cosmetic . But please do assure us that if in future you decide to change the color from purple to something else , then all the sums that are now purple should automatically change to the new color.We shouldn't loose our previous work, We shouldn't have to go through all the sums again and recheck if we have already done them or not.

This is what happened this time. All the sums that I had done and were showing grey initially before June 23 -2012 suddenly became their default color on June 23 . It was like all questions were new ! I had to click each question , open it up and assure myself that these were the same questions that I had done earlier, only that now their font's were back to normal and no longer changing color.

So lets say 6 months down the line( or later, perhaps a year or two down the line ) , the decision is taken to make the fonts color green( just supposing), then all the sums that are now purple should automatically turn to green. if they do not turn automatically to green but to the default color initially then we would have to do the same process all over again. We would have lost our hard work . We would have to again reopen each questions and make sure we had done them. ( And this we would have to do each time the font's color was changed ).

So its wise to have a standard color, that will be there for eternity. Less risk of us loosing our work.( Some of us are associated with GMAT and GMAT CLUB for our whole lives , we would certainly like to mark the sums that we have already done , we wouldn't want some one to come one day and erase all our markings and make us feel that this is a new book)

I have taken a screen shot of the font's changing color and saved it the pen drive , so that if this feature disappears again I will have proof :)

Now things are as they were before, but did you try to find out how this feature was lost . I mean according to you this is something new, but I know this was there before , this is something that still baffles me.( and I think you too ! )

Anyway now that it's working, all is well.( We have already forgiven the person if any, who inadvertently could be responsible :) )

Now we can track our progress in a more better way. Please do convey my gratitude to the Designers involved. Very Well Done each one of them!
Thank you everyone once again.

Stne

- Stne

Manager
Manager

Re: Questions would earlier change font color or become unbold [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2013, 03:23
Hi bb

Something has happened since today morning, questions visited are no longer turning purple, yesterday everything was fine, since today morning questions visited are no longer turning purple. In technical terms our browsing history is not getting stored in firefox!

Please can you fix this as early as possible because all the questions that I am doing in the mean time are going to remain unmarked and unrecorded and i would have to click on them and open them again to make sure I have done them.

Please help.

Side note : yesterday we were unable to use " click here to hide/show event " as clicking on that was not hiding the events. Well now that has been fixed , so now we are able to hide and show events but while fixing that I think some thing else has happened , as you can see up to 4:17 am questions visited are no longer turning purple.

Please can find you out why this has happened and fix it.So that things can be as they were before.

Edit: I am using firefox

Thank you

- Stne

Last edited by stne on 19 Aug 2013, 05:20, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

Re: Questions would earlier change font color or become unbold [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2013, 04:34
Attachment:
Unable to book mark.jpg
Unable to book mark.jpg [ 446.49 KiB | Viewed 748 times ]
Also just noticed (I am sure that this is related to the same problem as mentioned in the previous post), That I am also not able to bookmark a question in GMAT club, I tried to bookmark the questions that I was doing , but couldn't bookmark them.
By Book marks I mean the book marks in our browser ( firefox ) and not the GMAT clubs internal bookmarks.
Again this has started today only , yesterday I was able to book mark sums.

Please see screen shot above.

- Stne

Manager
Manager

Re: Questions would earlier change font color or become unbold [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2013, 07:18
bb wrote:
Hi. I have checked with 3 people and everyone has the colors working just fine.
Taking into consideration that you have 2 issues at the same time (one of which is bookmarking which is not related to GMAT Club - that's really a function of the browser), I would suspect the issue may with the browser and on that side.... just a thought for you to check/reinstall? Perhaps you updated the browser yesterday or something else happened?

Hi bb
Thank you for your reply

1) Suddenly everything seems to be working fine,
Please note : earlier I were able to Book mark other sites but I couldn't not book mark GMAT Club pages, I know may sound unbelievable but what have i got to gain by misstating the facts.

Secondly everything was working fine in chrome, so my deduction :

Some issue with GMAT club pages and Firefox compatibility had come in, I could like to believe it was not at my end, but I could be wrong.

But the issue is now resolved, I am grateful and thankful. Best way to check is to test it yourself, as in the past you are aware that I have always stated facts correctly, but we are all human and we can make mistakes.

But thank you for looking into the matter,I always have and will keep you posted if i notice some thing odd.
Thank you

- Stne

Re: Questions would earlier change font color or become unbold   [#permalink] 19 Aug 2013, 07:18