Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
I am actually a new member (Just registered 5 min. ago). Just wanted to know about your thoughts on which round would it be better to apply. I am currently planning to apply to Wharton, Stern, and Boston Univ. I was aiming for R2 but seriously it has been kind of difficult. I am still working on my essays and I want to take the GMAT again, as I did not even crack the 500. Considering the competitiveness in these schools I think it is a must to take the GMAT again. I did only study for 1 month however, considering that I had already taken the GRE and figured it would be quite similar. But I was definitely wrong. What do you think? Should I delay to R3 and have a much stronger application and dedicate at least two strong months towards the GMAT? Also, do R3 applicants are at a disadvantage than other applicants?
R3 is much tougher to get an admit because most of the available spots in the class have already been filled from R1 and R2. To be honest, if you are planning to retake the GMAT (and with a score <500 it's probably a good idea to be seriously considered at Wharton or NYU), you're best bet would probably be to focus on the GMAT now and then target R1 or R2 in next year's application cycle. Trying to retake the GMAT and still apply R2 this year is probably not feasible, and applying R3 is really a long shot (and an expensive long shot at $200-$250 per application).
Thanks. You think it would be feasible to go just for Boston Univ. on R2. I know that for Wharton and NYU I'd have to seriously dedicate much more time an for R2 , it would definitely be pushing it. The BU application is basically complete, bar from one essay, I have already finished the other 3. I'd just have to full time study for one month for the GMAT.
I think Jerz is right. RD 3 is very tough. Also, if you have a sub 500 GMAT, you're not getting in regardless of what round you apply. Is it possible to apply next year?
With respect to BU, if you've already finished most of the essays and you're confident you can improve your GMAT score by 150 pts or so in the next month, then give it a shot. If you're not that confident in your ability to get a better score, I think it would be a good idea to wait longer and just apply next year.