Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management/Strategy
Schools:Darden Class of 2011, Tuck, Duke, McCombs, HBS
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Concentration: General Management , Strategy
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 463 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: General Management/Strategy
Schools:Darden Class of 2011, Tuck, Duke, McCombs, HBS
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Re: Random GMAT Suggestions [#permalink]
Thanks. hopefully it'll help offset my awful undergraduate GPA.

I took a regular class as I'm in New York. My teacher was Grace and I thought she was great. I tried a tutor at Manhattan Review (different than Manhattan GMAT) and did not find him as useful and their facilities were not as nice either.

I would say their techniques for SC and CR helped me the most. Honestly, you can probably get most of the strategies from their books as they use the books as a guide in the class. But for me, I found that I needed the structure of an actual class.

The practice exams they provide are good, not great. the tests themselves are great as the software is very good and they provide details answers, but I found the quant problems to be a little too in depth -- meaning they took longer than official GMAT problems. That said, I found the official GMAT book quant questions a little too easy.

My recommendation would be to get the full pack of books from MGMAT and start learning. Take a few of their practice exams to learn your areas of focus. Start doing all problems in the official book. Then take a GMATprep #1 test a bunch of times about a month or two before your test date. Go back to the official book and MGMAT books if you need them. Take GMATprep #1 test a bunch more times (making sure to understand the solutions to what you got wrong every time).

With a couple weeks left take GMATprep test #2 so you have enough time to take it a bunch of times. I think it's more important to take the GMATprep test a bunch of times to ensure you learn every problem than to take it last minute to get the most realistic score. I mean, who cares what your score is on a practice test -- it's a lot more important to try every question on the test that you can, because again, this test is the exact same thing as you'll see on test day.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Random GMAT Suggestions [#permalink]