Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 19:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

RC and CR on the real GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

RC and CR on the real GMAT [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2011, 13:39
Hello,

Can anyone comment on the CR and RC on the real GMAT? Is it quite similar to what one sees in GMAT Prep and Manhattan CATs? A friend of mine who took the test a year ago mentioned that the CR especially was much tougher on the real GMAT than what she had practiced using the OG12 or what she say on MGMAT cats. I'm a few weeks away from appearing for my GMAT exam and I'm a bit worried now. I have been fairly confident about my CR and RC preparation thus far but that comment is in my head now and stressing me out. Has anyone seen LSAT style logic questions in CR on the real exam? Following tips from several experts I have stayed away from all LSAT material.

Thank you much in advance.

Mitch
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: RC and CR on the real GMAT [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2011, 15:51
I feel like the CR and RC questions were quite in line with the GMAT prep tests...though I think they will feel hard to anyone that takes the exam
Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 85

Kudos [?]: 478 [0], given: 431

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: RC and CR on the real GMAT [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2011, 05:22
Expert's post
Compared to the OG Verbal, the test questions are clearly more difficult. That book is just too easy and needs to be revised. But there isn't a huge disparity between the OG 12 or GMATPrep and the real test. The test questions are more challenging, but not to the point where this will throw you off considerably.

The best defense against this is to re-read the verbal guidebooks to make extra sure that you're fully prepared (trust me, going through those books twice or more helps). And I would actually advise you to look into LSAT RC passages. Those are quite helpful. I also can reccomend the LSAT LR questions, though those aren't as good as the RC passages.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: RC and CR on the real GMAT [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2011, 10:08
In my experience, CR and RC were roughly similar on the real test to what they were on the GMAT Prep practice tests. I would maybe argue the RC was very slightly harder on the real test, but overall it was basically the same.
Re: RC and CR on the real GMAT   [#permalink] 14 Nov 2011, 10:08