Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 06:42

Starting Soon:

Live Q&A Session with Cambridge Admissions Team   ||    Join Chat Room to Attend the Session

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

RC inference questions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 10

RC inference questions [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2012, 21:05
Hi Guys,

I have been having some serious trouble with my Verbal section while i am consistently scoring a 46 or 47 in Q i am stagnated at 28 in verbal on the GMAT prep tests. I have noticed that while i am able to smash the CR questions out of the park i am struggling with RC (making close 8 mistakes) and SC (around 7)

In RC my weakness lies in the Inference questions, while i understand what it aims to ask you the sheer volume of the text unlike a CR is too much for me to understand and answer and i end up making really silly mistakes (answering questions which mean the exact opposite, etc.) this is because i havent caught on to the contrast words or simply havent understood the passage (in really hard passages like the last one that you get) plus the time pressure right at the end of the test really does get you especially in the RC section.

Any pointers on this would be very much appreciated..

My plan is to get as many (if not all) RC questions correct in the first 3, focus hard on those ones and then on the last passage hope for the best as RC isnt really my forte...

Look forward to inputs
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 29

Re: RC inference questions [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2012, 22:36
I'm following Rhyme's strategy and it is working extremely well for me. I'm averaging >90% correct, ~2 mins average per question in OG13's medium difficulty RC questions...and I started my prep 2 days ago.

Look here: Link

The only ability the GMAT is an indicator of...is the ability to do well on the GMAT.

Re: RC inference questions   [#permalink] 25 Nov 2012, 22:36