Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 14:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

RC PREP

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.38
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

RC PREP [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 07:18
HI,

I am the starter of GMAT Prep. I will rate 1 out of 5 in RC. The low rating was for my lack of concentration on reading lengthy passages.
My Question here is - Is it good for me to start with RC 99( Aristotle)? I Know that RC Practice sets are recent. But i could able to find free download RC 99 only. Please suggest. it will be appreciable if i was suggested by much better books than this.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 295

Kudos [?]: 692 [0], given: 6

Re: RC PREP [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 12:45
Expert's post
tarak333mba wrote:
HI,

I am the starter of GMAT Prep. I will rate 1 out of 5 in RC. The low rating was for my lack of concentration on reading lengthy passages.
My Question here is - Is it good for me to start with RC 99( Aristotle)? I Know that RC Practice sets are recent. But i could able to find free download RC 99 only. Please suggest. it will be appreciable if i was suggested by much better books than this.

Tarak,

RC99 is just a collection of RC passages -- if you're scoring low in RC, doing 1000 RC questions won't get you any better. You have to devise a strategy for reading. One component is being comfortable with the vocabulary. But a bigger component is getting through passages on topics that are completely out of your interest zone. And understanding what exactly the author is trying to say.

If you follow essay writing well, breaking down RC is the same thing. You want to dissect the structure of the passage -- figure out what the intro is, then whether the author takes a twist or he/she continues elaborating on the first idea with more supporting examples, or others.

The key way to do that is to focus on keywords. And a key technique is to cut the fluff - eliminate extraneous words that make some sentences more complex than they need to be for the purposes of understanding the main idea of a passage. Get through all of that fluff, focus on the core and the transition points in a passage and you should be good to go.

Check our RC Pill from GMATPill -- I spent hours putting together a valuable video resource showing my thinking process as I go through RC passages -- where do my eyes go? What do I focus on? How do I eliminate answer choices. So definitely check it out when you get a chance.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: RC PREP [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 13:22
Thanks gmatpill

RC Pill sounds really resourceful I will go check it out.
Re: RC PREP   [#permalink] 01 May 2013, 13:22