Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 00:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Re-application driven by GMAT re-take

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg, UCLA, Haas, HBS (int), Stanford
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re-application driven by GMAT re-take [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2009, 22:19
Initial GMAT: 680 86%
Latest GMAT 730 96% (Q48, V41)

Despite my initial GMAT, I was able to secure a Sloan interview and Kellogg waitlist, but could not convert at either. Since the '08 application season, I have significantly improved my GMAT to the mentioned score. However, I realize that a strong re-application is not built on a GMAT re-take alone. In addition, my waitlist status extended my communication with Kellogg (update letters into June) so there is less "new" material available. Given these circumstances, I would like to understand my chances with a Kellogg re-app and additional re-apps to Stanford and Haas (both of which did not extend interviews to me) after only one year. Two-year re-apps make more sense?

US-born 28 years old with 5.5 yrs of work experience
MS (3.7) and BS (3.8) from US Top 4 EECS program
3.5 years R&D engineer, 2 yrs. business development in Tech
Strong trajectory with Corporate assignments
Strong recommendations and extracurriculars (Fraternity president, Non-profit entrepreneurship...)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Re-application driven by GMAT re-take [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2009, 11:37
MarathonMBA,

With your improved score you should certainly reapply at Sloan and Kellogg (1st-round submission would have been ideal). Your profile seems strong but I didn't see the "unusualness" that would make Stanford doable for you. I might just need to know your profile better. But I would not discourage you from applying to Haas. At your age waiting two years for a re-app does not make sense. You need to apply now. Chances are it was the GMAT that was holding you back. See Accepted.com's info on reapplicants.

Hope this helps,

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter