Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 11:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Re: Help - Gmat in 3 weeks - need a game plan!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 29

Re: Help - Gmat in 3 weeks - need a game plan! [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2011, 19:17
Hi,

I'm a first time GMATter and need a game plan for reaching 700-ish in 3 1/2 weeks' time.

Score reached using GmatPrep was:
520 (Q33, V28) so I really need to improve a lot!

I'm currently using Kaplan GMAT Premier 2012 and just working my way through chapters.

I'm weakest on CR, not so bad on SC and RC - but clearly I need to up my game.
As for Quants - I answered the questions way too fast and could have reached higher score if I had not rushed (7 minutes remaining on the clock). I can afford to brush up on content too.

Also - what is a good strategy for AWA? Are there any free software tools which can evaluate a written essay online?

I'm working full time too - but willing to work around & put in some hard hours!

Maybe lower my expectations and go for a 600-650 score?

Any help / advice most appreciated.

Thanks.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 590 [1] , given: 114

Re: Help - Gmat in 3 weeks - need a game plan! [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2011, 11:43
This post received
KUDOS
It's going to be very challenging to get to 700+ in just 3 weeks from a 520, but your goal should just be to get as high as you can in the time you have left. Sooo, that being said, it is hard to give advice without knowing your detailed current studies. But see my post here: all-january-test-takers-124826.html This has a collection of some great last month study plans.

Also, you will have to 100% dedicate yourself for the next few weeks if you want to make significant improvements. 700+ scores are not just given away, and the average study time for a 700+ score is over 100 hours.

I would like to recommend that you look at this post: how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html to figure out a strategy for AWA. This is the best plan ever compiled on how to score well on the AWA.

If you have any further questions, feel free to come by! Good luck on test day!

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Help - Gmat in 3 weeks - need a game plan!   [#permalink] 31 Dec 2011, 11:43