Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 17:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ready to get back in the ring... Big time!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Ready to get back in the ring... Big time! [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2006, 22:39
I got dinged by Cornell... So what? I had a crappy interview. What can ya do? I also got invited to that interview in record time after they recieved my app. Clearly my application materials look strong. And whats more Cornell has no essay where I was able to talk about what makes me unique... A prime part of my app. I was thinking of going down in school apps... Running down a few spots from Cornell in all those lists. To hell with that! Look at some of the posts from years pasts. Students who got into Tuck with 640s or Wharton with 650s... How? Because they were unique... different, in someway compelling. I definately am all of those things and a great writer. I'm not going down... I'm going up... Top business schools here I come! You like a diverse class Yale? UChicago? Tuck? I'll give ya one! And maybe I will buy a new suit so I do better when you invite me to interview than Cornell. :)
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2006, 23:43
Try on, Mark...Just make Cornell regret about it decision today...
You will when you believe...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ready to get back in the ring... Big time! [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2006, 08:08
Mark4124 wrote:
I got dinged by Cornell... So what? I had a crappy interview. What can ya do? I also got invited to that interview in record time after they recieved my app. Clearly my application materials look strong. And whats more Cornell has no essay where I was able to talk about what makes me unique... A prime part of my app. I was thinking of going down in school apps... Running down a few spots from Cornell in all those lists. To hell with that! Look at some of the posts from years pasts. Students who got into Tuck with 640s or Wharton with 650s... How? Because they were unique... different, in someway compelling. I definately am all of those things and a great writer. I'm not going down... I'm going up... Top business schools here I come! You like a diverse class Yale? UChicago? Tuck? I'll give ya one! And maybe I will buy a new suit so I do better when you invite me to interview than Cornell. :)

I am going give them all diversity I can give too

Last edited by Nsentra on 18 Nov 2006, 10:46, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2006, 08:49
All right!
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2006, 09:49
Keep Walking............

All the best...
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ready to get back in the ring... Big time! [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2006, 20:37
Mark4124 wrote:

way to go!!....all the best
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ready to get back in the ring... Big time! [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2006, 01:09
Mark4124 wrote:

You are on the right road! One ding means nothing. Well, it just means that admissions process is very subjective.

GOOD LUCK!
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2006, 04:58
Hi Mark ... Thats great spirit. A lot of us won't get admitted to the first school we will apply, but that shouldn't put us down. Also, I dont think Cornell was your first choice to begin with - was it? So you now are more motivated to put in better apps for the next school. All the best!!

I believe its yogurt!

[#permalink] 19 Nov 2006, 04:58