Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 11:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

"REAL" Business School Admissions Essay Topics (Humor)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
12 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Marshall '11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [12] , given: 1

"REAL" Business School Admissions Essay Topics (Humor) [#permalink] New post 18 May 2009, 09:56
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Harvard: Of which Fortune 1000 company are you going to become the CEO and why would you pick that company?

Wharton: Of which Fortune 1000 company are you going to become the CFO and why would you pick that company?

MIT: Draw an ASCII picture of your favorite Lord of the Rings character and describe three lessons that today's business leaders can learn from Lord Of The Rings.

Stanford: Why? (100,000 words recommended)

Chicago Booth: Provide a detailed statistical analysis of why Chicago-Booth is #1 in BWeek and never higher than #3 in USNews. Do the math in your head.

NYU: How badly do you need a vacation from your ibanking job, and what makes you think you will be able to get back into ibanking upon graduation?

Yale SOM: Which nonprofit organization do you plan to run, and what about running a nonprofit makes you feel important?

Columbia: In your opinion, what is the best way to sabotage the Whartonian CFO of your company and become CFO?

UC Berkeley Haas: What makes a hippie like you think you can succeed in business? Use the words 'sustainable' and 'green' at least twice in your response.

Cornell Johnson: Describe how awesome being an Ivy Leaguer would make you feel.

UVA Darden: How badly do you want your ass to be kicked by our professors on a scale of 9 to 10?

Notre Dame: Describe how awesome Irish Football is, and list ten ways we can make our MBA program as well-known as our NFL training program.

London Business School: Answer NYU's essay and use the find/replace function to replace all 'NYU' with 'LBS', 'New York' with 'London' and 'program' with 'programme'.

Wash U Olin: How early are you willing to wake up to serve coffee to our medical students?

UNC Kenan-Flagler: See Notre Dame but replace Irish Football with Tar Heel basketball, and NFL with NBA.

U of Phx (pick 2 of 4): When your boss finds out you have enrolled here, how loudly will he/she laugh? Have you ever wasted a lot of money on something useless before? Would you be willing to appear on a billboard or would you rather keep your enrollment a secret? What is 5+8?

Tuck:
Do you remember summer camp? How amazing was that!?!? Don't you wish you could go to camp for 21 months? Attach a letter you wrote to your parents in fifth grade summer camp explaining how awesome it was.

UMich Ross: What was the craziest thing you did while tailgating during undergrad, and are you prepared to tailgate like a pro again? In your essay, try to include the words moonshine, goat, and anus.

Kellogg: Explain why you think good quantitative skills are not required in business and discuss the importance of teamwork in situations in which no one is skilled enough to do the job by himself.

UCLA Anderson: Have you seen that show "The Hills?" Isn't it amazing? Discuss your strategies for getting into clubs to party with the cast of "The Hills" so you can feel important.

Duke Fuqua: What are your short-term and long-term career goals? Begin your essay with the sentence, "My career goal is to provide investment and business advice to the much more successful graduates of the Duke Law and Medical Schools."

Carnegie Mellon Tepper:
Draw an ASCII picture of your favorite MIT student and list three things that business leaders can learn from MIT.

INSEAD: List the number of languages in which you are fluent, and explain how knowing a bunch of languages and studying in one of the world's slowest economies for ten months will make you an effective business leader.

CEIBS: Would you rather be upper middle class in the US, or rich in China? Pleeeeeeeease say rich in China!

list originally posted at businessweek forum.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 29

Re: "REAL" Business School Admissions Essay Topics (Humor) [#permalink] New post 18 May 2009, 10:10
This is hilarious!

"George is getting upset!"

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 90 [0], given: 25

Re: "REAL" Business School Admissions Essay Topics (Humor) [#permalink] New post 18 May 2009, 10:10
lol who posted this as a guest?

The insead one is totally REAL!
Director
Director
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 29

Re: "REAL" Business School Admissions Essay Topics (Humor) [#permalink] New post 18 May 2009, 10:15
Just so you guys know I reposted in the application forum temporarily so more people could enjoy this. Guest should show his face so we can give kudos!

Agold?????

"George is getting upset!"

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9410 [1] , given: 3697

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: "REAL" Business School Admissions Essay Topics (Humor) [#permalink] New post 18 May 2009, 10:43
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Too funny - I did not know we allowed guest postings in this forum.... fixing :twisted:

wcgmatclub is that you? (no affiliation with gmatclub by the way, so i will change the username to avoid any confusion - PM Sent)

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

GMAT Forum Moderator
Schools: Wharton Class of 2011
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 77 [0], given: 14

Re: "REAL" Business School Admissions Essay Topics (Humor) [#permalink] New post 18 May 2009, 14:08
LOL!!! This is amazing!

But why he posted this as a guest!? Such an amazing content should be publicly awarded with kudos!

Or maybe this is some kind of "Good Will Hunting" moment, when professor says: "...come and get your prize, whoever you might be...", but no one is comming.

Again, hilarious! Kudos to you - whoever you are.

P.S. Really, is that Agold!? :wink:

My GMAT experience
My retake experience - GMAT dropped from 720 to 690 - advice for retakers
My TOEFL experience - 108

Last edited by Pathfinder on 18 May 2009, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 57

Kudos [?]: 442 [0], given: 210

Re: "REAL" Business School Admissions Essay Topics (Humor) [#permalink] New post 18 May 2009, 14:55
Loved the Stanford one in particular haha..

ps. This guest fella has given out over 17000 kudos :shock:
8 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Marshall '11

Kudos [?]: 15 [8] , given: 1

Re: "REAL" Business School Admissions Essay Topics (Humor) [#permalink] New post 18 May 2009, 20:34
This post received
KUDOS
yeah, it was me ("wcgmatclub", now known as "wcgc". haha. )who posted this. How did you figure out the username anyway?!?
I didn't intend to post as a guest, I thought there'd be some sort of login panel right after you hit the submit button. Didn't realize that posts would show up automatically as "guest" postings if you don't login first. oh well.

anyway, glad ppl are enjoying it.
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9410 [2] , given: 3697

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: "REAL" Business School Admissions Essay Topics (Humor) [#permalink] New post 18 May 2009, 20:54
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
wcgc wrote:
yeah, it was me ("wcgmatclub", now known as "wcgc". haha. )who posted this. How did you figure out the username anyway?!?
I didn't intend to post as a guest, I thought there'd be some sort of login panel right after you hit the submit button. Didn't realize that posts would show up automatically as "guest" postings if you don't login first. oh well.

anyway, glad ppl are enjoying it.

Thank you for posting. This was hillarious - I think Raabend had a great monday :)

P.S. I looked up the IP of the guest poster and your username was a match.
That's how we pick up banned posters who re-register with new usernames - a little secret :wink:

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 121 [0], given: 12

Re: "REAL" Business School Admissions Essay Topics (Humor) [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2009, 11:33
Haha! That was awesome, yet very true!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: "REAL" Business School Admissions Essay Topics (Humor) [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2009, 01:33
:lol:
Re: "REAL" Business School Admissions Essay Topics (Humor)   [#permalink] 27 Nov 2009, 01:33