Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 16:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Real GMAT score vs Kaplan CAT results

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Real GMAT score vs Kaplan CAT results [#permalink] New post 27 May 2012, 08:44
Well, I am very much confused. Better to say I feel desperate. I have been working on the GMAT for the last 2-3 months, the last 2 weeks like a crazy. I ve managed to reach 600 score with CAT Kaplan. Today I have done the Official GMAT test 1 (2 tests are available) and i score 510. Frankly, I do not know what tosay. I have my exam on Tuesday, and...yeah.

Any ideas, what is the difference bw the Official GMAT 1 test and the Kaplan CAT?

Thanks in advance
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2156

Kudos [?]: 7563 [2] , given: 3623

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Real GMAT score vs Kaplan CAT results [#permalink] New post 27 May 2012, 09:13
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Well, there is some margin of error built into both the Kaplan and the GMATprep software. Can't really get around it.

Since your exam is so close and you can't reschedule it, the strategy is pretty clear - take the GMAT and do your best. I would stress about learning or cramming at this point but rather focus on high level strategis (e.g. Ale one question at a time, try to Eli,innate careless errors, etc).

You may be surprised with your final Score. There are flukes that happen when people take gmatprep. No reason to agonize - more value to keep it cool and calm.

The best part is that you have plenty of time for the new application season and even if you do have to retake, IR is pretty easy, and it is just a few hundred bucks, not with losing years of life over it. You life does not depend on this particular outcome.

Good luck on Tuesday!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Real GMAT score vs Kaplan CAT results [#permalink] New post 27 May 2012, 10:20
Thanks a lot for your prompt response. Appreciated. Agree, "stay calm and focused" at this point is the best strategy. Will do my final GMAT test 2 tomorrow and god bless me on Tuesday. Thanks
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 7563 [0], given: 3623

Re: Real GMAT score vs Kaplan CAT results [#permalink] New post 27 May 2012, 13:01
Expert's post
Good luck! I am very curious how the second GMAT prep goes. Please do update the thread after you take it (and make sure you still take the AWA).

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Intern
Intern

Re: Real GMAT score vs Kaplan CAT results [#permalink] New post 28 May 2012, 05:49
Well,...500
While in Kaplan CATs the last couple of weeks I was scoring 560-570-580- and finally 600.

I have a strange feeling that official GMAT test is right... I have done stupid mistakes, but it counts.
Let's hope my lucky star will shine tomorrow:)
Intern
Intern

Re: Real GMAT score vs Kaplan CAT results [#permalink] New post 29 May 2012, 13:32
My today's exam was a complete disaster. I would like to avoid details. Scored much below my Kaplan tests results..
Point now is to get together, study and kill this test in August. I know I can do it, I can do it, I can do it!
I decided to take this week off and reflect. Then I would do the strategy, I know I was doing all the right things BUT I was not doing things right...
I would like to turn to you for advice as soon as i formulate my case

Thanks once again for your support!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 7563 [0], given: 3623

Re: Real GMAT score vs Kaplan CAT results [#permalink] New post 29 May 2012, 13:40
Expert's post
Sorry to hear about your experience. You got plenty of time.

I would recommend getting mgmat roadmap book!

Posted from my mobile device Image

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Re: Real GMAT score vs Kaplan CAT results [#permalink] New post 29 May 2012, 13:50
Thanks a lot, appreciated. I ve ordered the book.
Well, I am very concerned about time. I do work full time and then I normally study after work 3 hours and full days on the weekend. let's hope it will be enough for me to make it happen in august.
This forum is a great resource and a community.So, I need to get into the active mode :) Thanks
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Real GMAT score vs Kaplan CAT results [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2012, 21:33
Hello there! Hishka, I had the same problem as you did. I was not at all happy with my score (I took the test June 2) and I was very disappointed. My test score kept declining and my Kaplan teacher told me I was just nervous. Well it declined more on the actual test day. I plan to get the same book that was suggested to you and start over. Although I wanted to have my summer free from studying looks like the sacrifices that I will have make as a MBA student are starting early. Haha! Thanks for your sharing your story. It was a comfort and inspiration to me! Good luck in August. I'm right there with you!
Intern
Intern

Re: Real GMAT score vs Kaplan CAT results [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2012, 01:15
LizB wrote:
Hello there! Hishka, I had the same problem as you did. I was not at all happy with my score (I took the test June 2) and I was very disappointed. My test score kept declining and my Kaplan teacher told me I was just nervous. Well it declined more on the actual test day. I plan to get the same book that was suggested to you and start over. Although I wanted to have my summer free from studying looks like the sacrifices that I will have make as a MBA student are starting early. Haha! Thanks for your sharing your story. It was a comfort and inspiration to me! Good luck in August. I'm right there with you!

Hallo LizB,

I am glad that you are in a positive and fighting mood. Way to go! And summer...well thousands splendid summer seasons are waiting ahead, believe me.
I have started my preparation today. Will work out new study plan. I was advised to start with Manhattan GMAT Number properties and Sentence correction book. Need to study these books once again. Sooner or later we gonna kill the GMAT, better sooner than later :) Stay in touch!
Re: Real GMAT score vs Kaplan CAT results   [#permalink] 05 Jun 2012, 01:15