Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 05:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

recent graduate from DeVry University

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology
GPA: 3.71
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

recent graduate from DeVry University [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 10:36
i know DeVry isn't the greatest school to get a degree from but it is accredited by the HLC/NCA which counts for something. the main question is whether they will consider it worthy enough to get into a MBA program. any comments?

thanks
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 97

Kudos [?]: 399 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: recent graduate from DeVry University [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 12:19
Yes you can get into an MBA program with a degree from DeVry. The question is which MBA program are you trying to get into with this degree?

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology
GPA: 3.71

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: recent graduate from DeVry University [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 13:01
I am going to take the GMAT and apply for some online mba programs that require the GMAT. I want to get into a AACSB accredited school. I am currently in the Keller school of management program (through DeVry University) but they are not AACSB accredited. I have taken my first gmat prep test and got a 460. I am bummed about it but I am hoping to take a prep course, any suggestions? also one more question is that one month schedule through magoosh pretty good to follow? any suggestions for preparing for the exam in one month. any schedule one can follow?

thanks for the reply before.
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS '16
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.47
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 25

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: recent graduate from DeVry University [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 13:29
I would say MGMAT has a pretty amazing class called LiveOnline.. It takes alot of commitment and hard work to get through the workload, but if you have the time and resources, I would highly recommend it.

I didnt have the time or resources so I ended up studying myself using the MGMAT guide books and I ended up with a 740..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Sloan '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User
Re: recent graduate from DeVry University [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 14:44
For online I think the admission requirements are harder to critique since not much discussion has been done about them but with a solid GMAT I believe online schools admission standards are more lax so your lack of work experience + school might not weight as much as long as the GPA and GMAT are consistent.

I know University of Florida has an online MBA and UNC Chapel Hill has an online MBA. Check their websites and see admission requirements. You can also always email them and ask them as well about your interest in the program and if you qualify.

Good luck.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 179

Re: recent graduate from DeVry University [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 08:40
there's another discussion regarding online MBA if you are interested:

-http://gmatclub.com/forum/online-mba-131032.html#p1077726
Re: recent graduate from DeVry University   [#permalink] 24 Apr 2012, 08:40