Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 06:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Recomendation Letter Business Partner / Charity / Employer

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Schools: University of Washington Bothell, and Seattle University
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge
Recomendation Letter Business Partner / Charity / Employer [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2011, 20:01
I am trying to decide the best person to give me a recommendation letter. The schools that I am applying to require two recommendation "letters" that are sent out via email, and are a form that the person fills out. My first question is what types of things do they ask the recipients? My next question is who should I have them send it to?

I run a small business and my business partner would know my work ethic, business sense, and teamwork skills more than anyone, but is it OK to have a business partner fill out a recommendation letter? I did an internship where I did a lot of cool networking and high level IT stuff (I'm going for a tech MBA) and my employer said he would be more than happy to fill out a recommendation letter, and he has an impressive title. The third person I am thinking about is a charity my business works with. I have only worked with the person from the charity over phone and email. We have never worked together, and he does not know much about my work ethic, team skills, or anything besides I donate a ton of books. I thought it would look good to have a person from a charity I work with fill one out, but I am guessing b-schools want people you have worked with directly. Is it OK to have a business partner or someone I have not directly worked with fill out recommendation letters, or should I have two bosses from my internship with proper business titles fill them out? And what types of questions do they ask?
Recomendation Letter Business Partner / Charity / Employer   [#permalink] 12 Mar 2011, 20:01