Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 13:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Recommendation letter help please!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Recommendation letter help please! [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2011, 00:31
Hello everyone :)

Had a really quick request. I've been researching this online but am still confused.

I'm applying to quiet a few schools and want to uniform the process for my letter writers as much as I can so they don't literally have to write 7 to 8 different letters for me and can almost use the same one for all schools. So what I am doing is going to schools' sites and seeing what questions they are asking and then trying to uniform it for my writers.

On that note - for a school like UT Austin - which doesn't email the recc. letter writer the form till I submit my application, what do you advise I do? I hunted their site but still can't find what questions they want the recommender to answer in the rec letter.

How can I best make this process easier for them? Please help! :)

Thanks so so so so much!
Retired Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Recommendation letter help please! [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2011, 00:42
phdprospect wrote:
Hello everyone :)

Had a really quick request. I've been researching this online but am still confused.

I'm applying to quiet a few schools and want to uniform the process for my letter writers as much as I can so they don't literally have to write 7 to 8 different letters for me and can almost use the same one for all schools. So what I am doing is going to schools' sites and seeing what questions they are asking and then trying to uniform it for my writers.

On that note - for a school like UT Austin - which doesn't email the recc. letter writer the form till I submit my application, what do you advise I do? I hunted their site but still can't find what questions they want the recommender to answer in the rec letter.

How can I best make this process easier for them? Please help! :)

Thanks so so so so much!

http://www.vibranture.com/texas-mccombs ... n-form.pdf

This should help - just did a google search :)

Also - you may want to revisit your statement 'for a school like UT Austin - which doesn't email the recc. letter writer the form till I submit my application' Per the website (http://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full- ... 20920.ashx)

Letters of Recommendation: Emails to your recommenders will be launched as soon as you save this section of the application. You can monitor the status of your recommendations during and after submitting your application

Am not applying here - but thought I'd help you out. All the best ... Cheers!

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Recommendation letter help please! [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2011, 01:12
thanks a lot on the ut austin form help!

yah I think one thing I'm also REALLY really struggling on is making the letter writing as uniform as possible for the recommenders...anyone else who has faced this problem?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE: Project Management (Military & Defense)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 106 [0], given: 149

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Recommendation letter help please! [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2011, 05:22
phdprospect wrote:
thanks a lot on the ut austin form help!

yah I think one thing I'm also REALLY really struggling on is making the letter writing as uniform as possible for the recommenders...anyone else who has faced this problem?

I had the same concern. Ultimately I provided them with the questions and a feel of what I am writing in my applications and hoped for the best. I'm a little concerned because they people who wrote my letters have never written an MBA recommendation before so I have no idea how they worded it or how they will sound to the admissions folks. That is one place where not working at a big finance/consulting firm really hurts I think. I'll be lucky if they managed to write the letters without a bunch of military acronyms in them let alone making it sounds like what the school folks are looking for. Eventually you just can't worry about those things which are out of your control though.
Re: Recommendation letter help please!   [#permalink] 08 Oct 2011, 05:22