Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 17:38

Going on right now!

Live Q&A Session with HKU Admissions Team | Join the chat room to participate.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Refresh up basic math & the quant part of the exam

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 12-19-2012
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 11

Refresh up basic math & the quant part of the exam [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2012, 10:13
All,

I am new to the GMAT Club and got sort of lost with all the material being circulated. I haven't started the Kaplan book yet, but from what I gather I feel that I badly need some basic math refresh - my first GMAT Prep Test couldn't be worse, as I took it without any preparation and having been away from academic mode for +4 years. I downloaded here the GMAT Club Math Book & the flashcards: any other idea? Much obliged, Valerio
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 133

Kudos [?]: 241 [0], given: 11

Re: Refresh up basic math & the quant part of the exam [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2012, 12:37
Expert's post
Try our Foundations of GMAT Math book. It covers all the basics and has lots of drills.

http://www.amazon.com/Foundations-Editi ... +gmat+math

Dmitry Farber | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1153

Kudos [?]: 5362 [0], given: 165

Re: Refresh up basic math & the quant part of the exam [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2012, 20:18
Expert's post
valerjo79 wrote:
All,

I am new to the GMAT Club and got sort of lost with all the material being circulated. I haven't started the Kaplan book yet, but from what I gather I feel that I badly need some basic math refresh - my first GMAT Prep Test couldn't be worse, as I took it without any preparation and having been away from academic mode for +4 years. I downloaded here the GMAT Club Math Book & the flashcards: any other idea? Much obliged, Valerio

If basic math is an issue, I would suggest you to revisit your high school math books. You should be very comfortable with things like 'dealing with fractions/decimals', 'manipulations in an equation', 'making factors', 'exponents and roots' etc. You will find a lot of these topics in your school books. I also suggest my students to check out these 2 websites:
purplemath.com
khanacademy.org

Thereafter, you will be ready to start with GMAT material. Since you need to start from the scratch, consider working through an entire set of test prep material. Then, according to your requirement, you can work through other sources.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 12-19-2012
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 11

Re: Refresh up basic math & the quant part of the exam [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2012, 07:03
Thanks for replying: I found Purplemath useful indeed!

Dmitry,

as for the Foundations of GMAT Math book, I couldn't find the electronic version, but one of the reviews was not very encouraging in that regard. I already have the GMAT Roadmap and will stick to it for the time being.

Thanks,

Valerio
Re: Refresh up basic math & the quant part of the exam   [#permalink] 17 Oct 2012, 07:03