Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Nov 2014, 12:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Regarding college accepting low GMAT score

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Regarding college accepting low GMAT score [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2009, 04:32
Hi All,
I have been an active member of GMAT Club and i really appreciate the tremendous effort put in by
you people . I gave the GMAT yesterday and got a horrible 510 ( 44 Q , 17 V).
I didn't do much of RC and CR and got the result. I have some personal problems and can not think of
reatking exams as of now. About my profile , I have got 5+ years of experience in IT with
2 years of international experience . I have a four year degree in computer science and engineering.
Friends , Please suggest me some colleges accepting this low score and keeping in mind my experience
and work profile . There are hell lot of colleges in US but to find out some decent college which accept
this score is very difficult . Even Canda and UK is fine with me.
I would really appreciate any help from you people.

Best regards,
Rohit
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg Wharton

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Regarding college accepting low GMAT score [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2009, 07:05
You need to give it again. I see that you are desperate to go to b-school and the desperation will seep through in your essays. Unless you have some stellar EC or acads, the low V and Q will not convince a school you are academically prepared for an MBA. Try to cross the 600 barrier.
Current Student
Schools: Cambridge/Judge '11
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: Regarding college accepting low GMAT score [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2009, 07:47
There are plenty of good schools that accept GMAT with 500 as lower limit, or even without a lower limit. I ran into them while searching for a 1-year MBA in the US. A good school in my terms means something which is accredited and gives you a decent education, but does probably not open doors to Wall Street or to top consulting companies. I hope that's not what you're after, because if you are, you will have to get a score in the upper 600s.

You could use the MBA search by Peterson's http://www.petersons.com/mba/code/search.asp use your GMAT score as a search definition. In order to choose what is a good school for you, you must look for accreditation information, academics quality, and of course whether this program is suitable for your personal needs. Good luck.

One more thing: you mentioned you have some personal issues. Are you sure you can handle a tough MBA program, if you cannot see yourself studying for a second GMAT exam? I am saying this kindly and supportively. It seems like the MBA will be a tremendous strain for 1-2 years, requiring a balanced mind that can tolerate stress.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Regarding college accepting low GMAT score [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2009, 08:37
Thanks Friend for th link...yeah I am very much prepared for the studies ..MY problem is not related with
my studies..But to take verbal from 17 to 35 + need hell lot of time..I am not prepared to invest so much of time.
My main aim is to do MBA and come and join back my compnay with some hike and change in my profile..
I hope you got it now...Thanks again..

Rohit
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT Date: 11-29-2011
GPA: 3.5
WE: Web Development (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 27

Re: Regarding college accepting low GMAT score [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 11:55
Rohit.
Decide if u want to do any MBA now or
Do MBA in a decent college.?
Bcoz 500 is very low score. Suggest u to write GMAT again..
Dont worry.
World is not going to end in 2012.
Manager
Manager

Re: Regarding college accepting low GMAT score [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 11:55
Its a very old post.. SOrry..
Manager
Manager

Re: Regarding college accepting low GMAT score [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 11:56
I request the initiator to del this thread as it is very old.
Manager
Manager

Re: Regarding college accepting low GMAT score [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 11:56
Btw what is the update Rohit.
Did u give Gmat again...
Manager
Manager

Re: Regarding college accepting low GMAT score [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 11:57
And what score did u get.. Did u get into any MBA college..
Manager
Manager

Re: Regarding college accepting low GMAT score [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 11:58
Plz do let me know.. Interested to know..
Re: Regarding college accepting low GMAT score   [#permalink] 08 Dec 2011, 11:58