Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 00:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Regarding Deadlines...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Regarding Deadlines... [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2012, 12:11
I'm planning on applying to Business school in February of 2013 (I'm taking the GMAT mid- January), but I don't want to apply to any school where I would be considered a 3rd round applicant, as I hear they have a much lower acceptance rate than do 1st & 2nd round applicants.

SO, my questions are as follows:
1. Is my assumption correct? (Assumption: For good b-schools, 3rd round applicants have a much lower acceptance rate than do 1st & 2nd round applicants.)

2.Are there many B- schools that would not consider a February applicant as a 3rd round applicant, but rather consider me as a 1st or 2nd round applicant?
What percent of total b-schools would consider a February applicant as a 1st or 2nd round applicant?

3. Do many/any Business schools schools use "rolling admissions", which would preclude me from being considered 1st, 2nd or 3rd round applicant?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 177

Kudos [?]: 929 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Regarding Deadlines... [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 01:27
I m not the right person to answer such a tough question. But I certainly know if you are good fit for the school and the adcoms also think so, you will be in. If they admit 360, they won't mind admitting 361 if your app is strong enough.

Good luck !!

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 6

Re: Regarding Deadlines... [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 01:28
Hi Tess,

I totally agree that you should focus on your application essays & interviews to make a strong application. In fact, these are the deciding factors for your scholarship as well. Also what b-school ADCOMS look for is the diversity in the class, what value you will create in the class and how will you contribute to the b-school society. Having said this, it is highly advisable to concentrate on your application essays. This is where you can demonstrate your leadership qualities, achievements, professional vision and other abilities. A well presented and perfectly written essay is absolutely critical to make a strong case for yourself during the final interview. You can try your chances in B-schools by clicking to the link: http://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool

Feel free to post any other concern you might have.

Cheers!!
Neha

TessCarre wrote:
I'm planning on applying to Business school in February of 2013 (I'm taking the GMAT mid- January), but I don't want to apply to any school where I would be considered a 3rd round applicant, as I hear they have a much lower acceptance rate than do 1st & 2nd round applicants.

SO, my questions are as follows:
1. Is my assumption correct? (Assumption: For good b-schools, 3rd round applicants have a much lower acceptance rate than do 1st & 2nd round applicants.)

2.Are there many B- schools that would not consider a February applicant as a 3rd round applicant, but rather consider me as a 1st or 2nd round applicant?
What percent of total b-schools would consider a February applicant as a 1st or 2nd round applicant?

3. Do many/any Business schools schools use "rolling admissions", which would preclude me from being considered 1st, 2nd or 3rd round applicant?

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Re: Regarding Deadlines...   [#permalink] 02 Jan 2013, 01:28