Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 19:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Registered for Dec 11th. Need Advice

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Registered for Dec 11th. Need Advice [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2012, 07:04
I have registered for my GMAT exam on the date of 11th December '12.
I have perviously taken the test in march this year and scored 490. A very poor result to my surprise back then but as I realised later it accurately reflected my poor preparation. I had underestimated the GMAT and over estimated my skills.
However I did not give up. I planned to take the test again and this time do it right. After an extensive research on the Internet(mostly spending hours on the gmatclub forum) and advice from friends who had taken the test I extracted a preparation plan which I think is adequate. The elements of the plan are:

-MANHATTAN GMAT PREP complete 8 sets studied thoroughly with practice from OG12
-MANHATTAN GMAT PREP complete 8 sets revised this time with practice from QUANTITATIVE REVIEW AND VERBAL REVIEW
-purchased GMAT toolkit for iPad to solve 700+ questions(still under process)
-solved OG 11 for practice.(quant section only)
-take GMAT prep test once every week.

So far my score has varied from 630 to 690.i do not face any time issues as i oreviuosly did.my aim(or dream if put aptly) is to at least touch the 700 barrier as it would not only confirm my admissions into good schools but also offer chances of scholarship. I have a little over a week left till the exam day. I'm solving the toolkit app 50 to 80 questions everyday and I'm also looking at OG13 questions and other sources. I have also noticed that as the frequency of the questions I get right increases I start to lose motivation. I either get sick of studying or start to think the questions are perhaps too easy and on the test day I will be battered. I can't seem to shake off the feeling that I'm not doing the most I can. Does anyone have any advise for what I should do in the days left? Am I missing something? Is there more to do? Please help.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Pill Representative
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V48
Followers: 140

Kudos [?]: 186 [0], given: 4

Re: Registered for Dec 11th. Need Advice [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2012, 11:03
Hi There,

My advice to you (and this is the advice of GMAT Pill) is that simply doing questions will not help beyond a certain level.

I would if I was you concentrate on 10 questions at a time, and be really ruthless about analyzing your mistakes. Then in a days time, go over the same questions - if you do not get 10/10 in quick time you've not learnt your lessons.

So I'd say less questions, and get 100% out of each and every one.

Good luck!

Former GMAT Pill student, now on staff. Used GMATPILL OG 12 and nothing else: 770 (48,48) & 6.0

... and more

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Registered for Dec 11th. Need Advice [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2012, 11:25
Thank you for your concern. A concentrated approach seems like a good idea.
Re: Registered for Dec 11th. Need Advice   [#permalink] 28 Nov 2012, 11:25