Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Dec 2014, 20:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Registration-How many days before the test?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Registration-How many days before the test? [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2003, 19:59
How many days before the test should I register ?
I have another question: I am going to take the GMAT at the end of January. I read that deadlines for application are around 1st MayтАжwell, I know that the sooner I aplly, the better chances I would have for acceptance....but....Do you think that I have enough time to apply for fall 2004?
Thank you in advance!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2003, 18:23
if you haven't already registered and you want to take it at the end of january, you'd better call to make sure space is still available then (or try to register online at http://www.mba.com). end of the month test dates can be hard to come by and can fill up fairly far in advance. if you know that's when you want to take it, register as soon as possible. although i don't know if scheduling is as tight in serbia as it is in big cities in the US!

many US schools have multiple application deadlines, with May 1 being one of the MUCH later ones. Most have deadlines that are already starting. Take a look at the deadlines for the schools you're interested in - May 1 will be too late for most. They're already mailing acceptance letters by then. If you want to be considered for scholarships or other financial aid, you'll probably need to apply in February.

It takes 2-3 weeks for your scores to reach the schools, so if you take it at the end of January and the round you're applying in has a deadline from late February or later, you'll be ok.

Do some more research to make sure you prepare in time.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2003, 19:10
Thank you very much.
I am going to take GMAT exam in London...I will register as soon as I arrive there , around 6-7th January. I asked this because I had read that one of big advantages of CAT is that you can register at least three days before the exam. I have to go to Budapest ( because there are no computer test centres in Serbia ) in next two week to take my TOEFL computer-based and I haven't registered unil now. I hope that there they will have free sits left.
Regarding to deadlines, I know for the multiple deadlines...but I thought that May is "final deadline" , the last deadline for fall 2004...
Well, I hope that I will get a good score and that I will be able to aplly very fast (the end of Feb,... March as well).
What is a procedure for registration?
Will I get some kind of confiramtion ...e-mail, I assume?

Thank you again! :-D
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2003, 15:11
I would not wait to register - you can register online. Don't wait until you get there because there may not be space available. Do it now.

If you apply for MBA programs online, yes, you'll get an email confirmation that your application was received. If you mail in your app, you'll either get a letter back in the mail, or an email, depending on how the school does things.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2003, 16:09
Tahnk you for reply.
I want to know more about registration for exams (TOEFL,GMAT)....I found a number of center in Holland and I want to know would I get some kind of confirmation...I hope that you understand me now. :-D
  [#permalink] 11 Dec 2003, 16:09