Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 16:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Relevance of Undergraduate GPA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Relevance of Undergraduate GPA [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2008, 09:54
Hi

I am a 28 year old Indian Male planning to start two year full time MBA in Fall 2009. My career goal is Investment management.

I am a Bachelor of Commerce from Mumbai University (it is a three year Under graduation program). Indian universities don't follow GPA system. My score in the Under graduation is as follows Year 1- 61%, Year 2- 56% and Year 3- 69%. Percentage above 60 is regarded as first class under the Indian system. I am not sure how this is to be converted into an equivalent GPA under the American system.

I am also a Chartered Accountant (Chartered accountancy is similar to the American CPA but involves more academic rigor than a CPA). The Chartered Accountancy program is a distance learning course. It requires completion of 2 examinations - intermediate and final and three years of practical training. It is accepted as equivalent to a Masters degree for a Doctoral Program by over 75 universities in India as well as various Institutes of Management in India.

I have also passed all the three levels CFA program (CFA institute, USA). My GMAT score is 720 & Toefl Score is 113. I have over 5 years of experience in financial services (Though not actually in investment management). I believe that average undergraduate GPA of most of the top 30 MBA programs is above 3.00. My query is

1. What would my undergraduate GPA be as the American system

2. In case my GPA is below average, will a strong concentration in finance (due to two professional qualifications) & good GMAT score make up for the same (as I completed undergraduation 7 years back and the CA & CFA qualification are more recent additions to my profile)

3. I am planning to undertake additional courses in the coming months(preferable short 3-6 month courses) these would essentially be distance learning programs. will this be of any help in improving my academic record
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes