Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 08:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Report Promotion?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Schools: CMU Tepper
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 5

Report Promotion? [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2011, 12:04
I still have two submitted applications to schools from which I have not heard a response. I have been accepted by one school so far (with scholarship $$) and waitlisted by one school.

I was just informed today that I am being offered a promotion after a 1.5 years in my current role. The promotion is great both because it is really early for my company, and I will be skipping a level and working alongside colleagues with double digit years of experience.

Should I:

Report the promotion to the schools I have not heard from?
Report the promotion to the school where I have been waitlisted?
Report the promotion to the school that accepted me in hopes of being considered for more scholarship $$?
Include details the details that make my promotion unique (despite the fact that I will likely come off as a braggart)?

Looking forward to your input...
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.14
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 57

GMAT Tests User
Re: Report Promotion? [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2011, 12:12
randompattern wrote:
I still have two submitted applications to schools from which I have not heard a response. I have been accepted by one school so far (with scholarship $$) and waitlisted by one school.

I was just informed today that I am being offered a promotion after a 1.5 years in my current role. The promotion is great both because it is really early for my company, and I will be skipping a level and working alongside colleagues with double digit years of experience.

Should I:

Report the promotion to the schools I have not heard from?
Report the promotion to the school where I have been waitlisted?
Report the promotion to the school that accepted me in hopes of being considered for more scholarship $$?
Include details the details that make my promotion unique (despite the fact that I will likely come off as a braggart)?

Looking forward to your input...

1. Report the promotion to the schools I have not heard from?
Yes, unless the school explicitly instructs you not to send updates (the schools I've applied to allow it).

2. Report the promotion to the school where I have been waitlisted?
Same answer as 1. In particular, Wharton really doesn't want additional materials from WL'd candidates.

3. Report the promotion to the school that accepted me in hopes of being considered for more scholarship $$?
Probably nothing to lose, but I probably wouldn't do it.

4. Include details the details that make my promotion unique (despite the fact that I will likely come off as a braggart)?
Definitely include details, but try to find the balance between selling yourself and overselling.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Report Promotion?   [#permalink] 10 Jan 2011, 12:12