I would appreciate if you could spend a few minutes on my profile and help me understand whether it makes sense for me to apply to top B schools in US/Europe for MBA (since I already have an MBA from a Tier II B-school in India) or a one year program in Economics/Public Policy would be better. Also I want to understand whether I stand a good chance to get through based on my below mentioned credentials (GMAT not yet given). I'm also not sure as to how pursuit of my 2nd MBA be taken. At 29 years of age, am I too late for my 2nd MBA?
- IndianGMAT Score
- yet to be givenEducation -
CFA charter holder (cleared in 2009) - all levels cleared in first attempt
MBA (Finance) (2007) - topped in 2 out of 4 semesters GPA of 9.1 our of 10. Even got a perfect 10 in IInd semester.
BBM (hons.) - nominated for University Founder's Medal award. Stood 2nd in academics in the whole university (2001-04)
Work Experience:Total Experience:
- 6 years in Investment Research both on sell side and Buy Side (including a year of Private Equity stint)Current Work Status
- unemployed since February'2013 (not because of downsizing or being laid off, I resigned due to irreconcilable differences with my boss in work philosophy and professional approach)Last Company worked for
- Nomura India AdvisoryLast Work Profile
- worked as an Associate Analyst in Institutional Equities covering Indian Equities.
As an investment manager, I have successfully co-managed portfolios in excess of US$ 1.5 billion across the Middle east (my stint at Global Investment House in Kuwait) while on the Sell side, I have worked with Institutional clients from across the world and aided their investment decision making with my investment research.
Have been part of various skits and plays and have also been part of the winning team at National level events.
I'm a budding cross-country rally driver and have aced many events since my start in 2009. Started as an amateur but now I'm part of a professional rally team and have been on the podium off-late. How would this be looked upon as by the Admissions committee?
Social Work -
have participated in National Social Service scheme when in college while I have been a CRY (an NGO named Child Relief and You) volunteer for last 3 years.
Motorsports and Traveling (especially to the forlorn off-beat places).
Thanks in advance.