Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 03:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Request for evaluation of profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Request for evaluation of profile [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 22:06
Hi,

I would appreciate if you could spend a few minutes on my profile and help me understand whether it makes sense for me to apply to top B schools in US/Europe for MBA (since I already have an MBA from a Tier II B-school in India) or a one year program in Economics/Public Policy would be better. Also I want to understand whether I stand a good chance to get through based on my below mentioned credentials (GMAT not yet given). I'm also not sure as to how pursuit of my 2nd MBA be taken. At 29 years of age, am I too late for my 2nd MBA?

Brief Profile:
Age - 29
Nationality - Indian
GMAT Score - yet to be given
Education -
CFA charter holder (cleared in 2009) - all levels cleared in first attempt
MBA (Finance) (2007) - topped in 2 out of 4 semesters GPA of 9.1 our of 10. Even got a perfect 10 in IInd semester.
BBM (hons.) - nominated for University Founder's Medal award. Stood 2nd in academics in the whole university (2001-04)

Work Experience:
Total Experience: - 6 years in Investment Research both on sell side and Buy Side (including a year of Private Equity stint)
Current Work Status - unemployed since February'2013 (not because of downsizing or being laid off, I resigned due to irreconcilable differences with my boss in work philosophy and professional approach)
Last Company worked for - Nomura India Advisory
Last Work Profile - worked as an Associate Analyst in Institutional Equities covering Indian Equities.

As an investment manager, I have successfully co-managed portfolios in excess of US$ 1.5 billion across the Middle east (my stint at Global Investment House in Kuwait) while on the Sell side, I have worked with Institutional clients from across the world and aided their investment decision making with my investment research.

Extra-curricular:
Have been part of various skits and plays and have also been part of the winning team at National level events.

I'm a budding cross-country rally driver and have aced many events since my start in 2009. Started as an amateur but now I'm part of a professional rally team and have been on the podium off-late. I have won couple of Auto-cross events as well (last one in November'2012). How would this be looked upon as by the Admissions committee?

Social Work -
have participated in National Social Service scheme when in college while I have been a CRY (an NGO named Child Relief and You) volunteer for last 3 years.

Hobbies-
Motorsports and Traveling (especially to the forlorn off-beat places).

Thanks in advance.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

Re: Request for evaluation of profile [#permalink] New post 23 May 2013, 17:27
Expert's post
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I do not know of a single school in the US who will let you in if you already have an MBA degree. Double dipping in b-school is not allowed since the schools will question why you were not able to achieve your goals the first time around. Going back to school for the same degree would be viewed as simply trying to leverage the career services of your school to get a better job. You might check with some schools in Europe and Asia, but in the US, your chances are slim for admission with another MBA degree already on your resume.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews