Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 23:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Request for profile evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Request for profile evaluation [#permalink] New post 15 May 2011, 06:02
Hi,

Please help me with evaluation of my profile below:

Nationality: Indian
Sex: Female
Under graduation: IIT Bombay (one of the leading institutions in India)
Work experience: 2 years completed; 1.5 years at Knowledge Center of a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank; Currently, working at a start-up Private Equity Fund promoted by one of the most respected PE professionals in India
GMAT: to be taken
Extra - curricular activities: Extensive participation in Dramatics in college; Held leadership position in Student Body in college; Working as a Volunteer at a well-known NGO

Please evaluate my profile and let me know if stand a chance at top 5 US B-Schools.

Also, I wish to continue in Private Equity after MBA. Please suggest some schools for me.

Thanks a lot!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 46

Kudos [?]: 173 [0], given: 179

Re: Request for profile evaluation [#permalink] New post 17 May 2011, 01:24
Expert's post
Hi Noti:

There are really only a handful of schools that are respected in the private equity industry -- an industry where your reputation will often proceed you.
The schools include the following -- Harvard, Stanford, Wharton and MIT. A couple of schools that lie just outside of this exclusive group are Chicago and Columbia.

So the question is -- do you stand a chance at these schools? Well, that heavily relies on your GMAT score. If you can get a GMAT score that is at or above the average for the schools, then your past the first hurdle. However, that does not mean that you stand a good chance. What it means is that you are simply in the game at that point. Each school will then have a certain "personality" that you need to address. Stanford and Harvard have completely different personalities, and you can get a good idea of how different they are the types of essays they want you to address. This is what I can help you with.

If you would like to set up an initial consultation, please e-mail me at MBA@amerasiaconsulting.com.

Respectfully,
Paul Lanzillotti

Paul Lanzillotti | Founder| About | mba@amerasiaconsulting.com | 877.866.9251

Schedule a Consultation | Twitter | Blog

Download "How To Apply" Guides | INSEAD | Columbia | Harvard | Wharton