Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 02:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Request For Profile Evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Request For Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 20:06
Hello there,
Here are my profile details:

Indian IT male
S/W professional currently working for a start-up.
Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering and Master's in Computer Science.
10+ years in the industry
GMAT: 720 Q49/V40 85th/89th %ile
Issues I'm concerned about: The applicant pool I belong to and a low GPA.

I was hoping for a higher GMAT to compensate for the low GPA. Still wondering whether I should retake the GMAT.

Planning to apply to Haas Part-time.

I'm also planning on setting up a consultation with you. In the meantime, any pointers from you will be helpful.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Request For Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 10:07
Expert's post
Hi, Kris610,

It would be great to have a consultation with you and discuss further. From the information you provided, I have a few pointers for you. Your GMAT is in the range for Haas. You don’t mention how low your GPA is or what major, but would your GMAT offset that? Is there a reason you have a low GPA? If so, that is something you can address in your Optional essay. Just be brief in articulating what happened, what you did about it to get back on track, and what you learned (if appropriate). In terms of work experience, you are above average on years of work experience (more in the range for part time programs), so be sure to clearly articulate why you are going to business school at this point in your career. You don’t mention your future career goals, but make sure you articulate a clear story about why you are going in that direction and what skills you bring to the table from your ten years of work experience. One other area you could focus on is any community service work you have done or any strong personal stories to show your passions and character to the admissions committee. I look forward to speaking with your further.

Good luck!
Susan Kaplan
Senior Consultant
mbaMission
646-485-8844

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php