Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 03:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Request for profile evaluation.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology
GRE 1: 4 Q168 V158
GPA: 3.13
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Request for profile evaluation. [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 05:30
1) Basic demographic info: 26 years old, Indian, Male.

2) Educational Background: BEngg in Computer Engg from a Indian State University(Pune), GPA of 3.13/4 (WES evaluation), GRE 168Q, 158V, 4.0AWA

3) Work experience: 40 months of work experience in a top Indian IT MNC. Work experience in a niche software technology. Single individual working with the client (a top US Bank) team in credit card domain.

4) Extracurriculars: Nothing extraordinary - organised an event in college tech festival, took part in documentary making competition, volunteered to teach for a small duration.

5) Short/Long term goals: Looking to enter into the consulting domain.

6) Schools: No idea. Wish to get into the top 20-30 B schools in US.

Please suggest - I am open to wait a couple of more years and work on my profile before applying to B - schools.
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 6

Re: Request for profile evaluation. [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 02:24
Hi,

You have a decent profile and work experience. The strong areas in your profile are good academics, GRE score and work experience. You are in the right stage of your career so I would suggest you to apply soon. The next step is to do some groundwork on your post MBA career goals and research about the schools which accept GRE scores. Also focus more on your application essays and recommendations to build stellar applications. As per your profile i would recommend you to target top 20 b-schools. You need to cleverly prepare for questions like your rationale behind applying for a specific B school, switch from IT background to consulting so on and so forth.

Wish you all the best, feel free to post any other query or concern that you might have.

Regards,
Neha Singh
http://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool

mahajanapurv wrote:
1) Basic demographic info: 26 years old, Indian, Male.

2) Educational Background: BEngg in Computer Engg from a Indian State University(Pune), GPA of 3.13/4 (WES evaluation), GRE 168Q, 158V, 4.0AWA

3) Work experience: 40 months of work experience in a top Indian IT MNC. Work experience in a niche software technology. Single individual working with the client (a top US Bank) team in credit card domain.

4) Extracurriculars: Nothing extraordinary - organised an event in college tech festival, took part in documentary making competition, volunteered to teach for a small duration.

5) Short/Long term goals: Looking to enter into the consulting domain.

6) Schools: No idea. Wish to get into the top 20-30 B schools in US.

Please suggest - I am open to wait a couple of more years and work on my profile before applying to B - schools.

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology
GRE 1: 4 Q168 V158
GPA: 3.13
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 0