Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 23:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Request for Suggestions on GMAT Study Plan and books

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Request for Suggestions on GMAT Study Plan and books [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2013, 23:04
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi,

I would need some guidance regarding the study plan and books. I will appear for the test at end of March'13.
I am targeting 700+ score.
As of now:
I have completed MGMAT study material
Please suggest-
1. Which other books I should do to achieve the target?
for - Quant
- RC
- SC
- CR
- From where can I practice more questions for aforesaid topics?
2. When Should I start taking the tests and how many tests should I take ?
3. Which tests series (Kaplan/ MGMAT/ or anyother ) would be the best to achieve 700+ score?
4. Any other suggestions or Study plan - i should follow - Keeping in mind - I have couple of months to appear for the tests.

Thanks Much.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.7
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 23 [1] , given: 264

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Request for Suggestions on GMAT Study Plan and books [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2013, 00:43
This post received
KUDOS
Hey,

it is actually very good that you have already completed the MGMAT series. Right at the beginning, I would like to clarify that the Manhattan GMAT is all you need to score 700+. Though I personally had problems in believing that, after I have read numerous posts I know that these 8 Guides can very much be enough for a person starting around 550 to get to 700+.

What I have also learned after my first GMAT attempt is that it is probably better to focus on one source of information, provided you give yourself a kick in the ass and study. BUT if you feel you need additional information I would give the following a try:

- Quant - GMATClub Tests (MUST) and Jeff Sackmann's Total GMAT Math (Study Guide and Questions) (OPTIONAL) - both are very strong prep material
- SC / RC - Aristotles Package - Aristotle Grail SC and RC passages are good stuff
- CR - Powerscore CR Bible (probably en par with MGMAT's CR Guide 5th Edition)

As I started my first prep cycle I similarly didn't know when to do tests, how to evaluate them etc. So all your questions are pretty normal. I would suggest you take a test reight now (after having finished the entire MGMAT series) to gauge your level on the individual sections. You can then decide whether to re-read an MGMAT guide or to consult one of the sources above. I would always try to focus on OFFICIAL questions and test. So probably now make use of the first GMATPrep (official software) test and then do a test every 2 weeks to track your improvement. For those intermediate test I would make use of the 6 MGMAT test you got with your books. I would try to keep the official GMATPrep test Nr.2 as well as the old GMAT software (GMATPrep 1.0) for your final stage of preparation in March.

Probably the same goes for your question strategy - work on OG13, Quant 2 and Verbal 2 Guides. If those are not enough and you are not scoring regularly 700+ postpone the test, buy the GMAC Question Pack 1 from their homepage and do the additional 400 questions from it. Then you should have enough questions to do until March '13.

Feel free to ask clarifying questions as well!

If this was of any help to you, please consider giving me kudos for the post (trying to re-unlock my GMAT Tests account)

Thank you very much for reading this post till the end! Kudos?

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Olin - Wash U - Class of 2015
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 363 [1] , given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Request for Suggestions on GMAT Study Plan and books [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2013, 00:51
This post received
KUDOS
SahniManish1985 wrote:
Hi,

I would need some guidance regarding the study plan and books. I will appear for the test at end of March'13.
I am targeting 700+ score.
As of now:
I have completed MGMAT study material
Please suggest-
1. Which other books I should do to achieve the target?
for - Quant
- RC
- SC
- CR
- From where can I practice more questions for aforesaid topics?
2. When Should I start taking the tests and how many tests should I take ?
3. Which tests series (Kaplan/ MGMAT/ or anyother ) would be the best to achieve 700+ score?
4. Any other suggestions or Study plan - i should follow - Keeping in mind - I have couple of months to appear for the tests.

Thanks Much.

If you are targetting march 13 and have already completed MGMAT guides, I'd suggest you to first check your current level through a mock test. Depending upon result you should make a strategy and a plan. Before that asking these question wouldnt help much. :)

Lets Kudos!!! ;-)
Black Friday Debrief

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Request for Suggestions on GMAT Study Plan and books [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 02:12
Thanks for the fine responses and suggestions. I will take a GMAT test and assess my position.
I will request for further suggestions and study plan after taking up the tests only.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.7
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 264

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Request for Suggestions on GMAT Study Plan and books [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 07:55
SahniManish1985 wrote:
Thanks for the fine responses and suggestions. I will take a GMAT test and assess my position.
I will request for further suggestions and study plan after taking up the tests only.

That's the right way! And don't forget to post your results so that all members can provide you with further suggestions!

All the best,

Thank you very much for reading this post till the end! Kudos?

Re: Request for Suggestions on GMAT Study Plan and books   [#permalink] 04 Feb 2013, 07:55