Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
I gave my last attempt for GMAT. i expected the same from my week nerves and my score dropped 10 points. Anyways, gmatclubbers have supported me all through with all of your precious advices. I have learned a great deal from this forum and I need last favor . Please evaluate my profile and help me know the schools I can get into. May be I will get some sleep atlast then.
1) age- 26 , gender- Female nationality- Indian
2) undergrad major- BTech- computers , GPA- 7.2/10 GMAT score- 690 grad work you've done- worked as analyst in summer intern with Bhutan Hydroelectricity Project Authority
3) what is your current role- My last role was IT consultant, before that as IT developer Have you had any promotions?- 2 promotions What industry do you work in? - IT For how long have you worked?- 3.8 years (Accenture 3.6 years, IBM 2 months)
Other than handling my own responsibilities . I created an effective cost cutting model for inter- project training programs and also participated as trainer in my technology skill field.
4) Extracurriculars: a) When I was in school I organized small awareness camps on issues relating to struggle of Tibetians led by Dalai Lama. b) was part of literary team and won award c) In college was part of festival organizing team
d) During work- Was part of CRY- worked in project on basic right for children- 1 year ROLE- Writing memorandum , which was presented to Member of legislative Assembly and dully approved for funds needed to build school building of anganwadi of the area under my team involving 3 people. Achievement- New infrastructure was built for the school, got some funds diverted for mid day meals for children and supplements for women of the minority community.
Greenpeace ROLE- Volunteer- Worked to increase awareness on various effects of use of BT brinjal and other genetically modified products. Organized seminars in my company and in localities.
VSO Organized a fundraiser for Tanzania cause 2009. Raised around US$400.
Play organization and writing I learned creative writing , story writing , play writing from an Indian writer. Organized a couple of plays , wrote one story (never published and is still a draft)
5) Short/Long term goals: I do not have a 5 year plan but certainly have 10 year one. I wish to work as a Financial Analyst in an Investment Banking . Gain experience of the global financial market and then go for studies in foreign services. US is my geographical preference
6) Schools: I have my heart set on Georgetown University please let me know other schools I have some chance of get in to.
Georgetown is a sure shot for you. Some of the other universities I have seen people with profiles similar to yours get into are CMU (Tepper), Cornell (Johnson), UT Austin (McCombs), and Dartmouth (Tuck). A lot will depend on how you structure your application though.
1) Basic demographic info: age - 21, gender- Male, nationality- Indian
2) Educational Background: undergrad major - Bachelors in Buiness Studies (majors in finance) from Delhi. yet to take GMAT/GRE (confused on this front). I need advise on whether to go for GMAT/GRE.
3) Work experience: S&P Capital IQ (August 2010 - Current) Part of the Money Manager Division of the Private Equity Team. As part of the Mutual Funds team, I conduct secondary research on mutual funds, hedge funds and private equity funds which include analysis of fund’s investment style and strategies, their sector and geographic compositions, comparison of the funds’ investments as against their benchmarking index and capturing data pertaining to the assets under management of the respective funds. Worked on various reports from global offices and suggested enhancements to improve the platform. Database Skill – Using Capital IQ’s platform to extract information and analyze the same on a day to day basis.
Member – Core Committee - Central Placement Cell (2008-2010) Responsible for coordinating the Placement Program of the Central Placement Cell – Delhi University for more than 20000 students for two years. Associated with Goonj to organize various collection camps and with their ‘Joy of Giving’ Campaign. Member - National Social Entrepreneurship Forum (NSEF) focused on organizing seminars and establishing chapters in educational institutions across India to help young social entrepreneurs, from Idea formulation to Venture Capital for the project. Vice President Metamorphosis- the flagship BBS Society (2007- 2009) Responsible for raising sponsorship, organizing, planning and coordinating events, such as CEO, SPARK, CONFLUENCE. Head, Core Committee, Cognizance (2008-2009) Organized the Annual Corporate seminar for two consecutive years. Lead a team of 12 peers to ensure smooth execution of all the events.
5) Short/Long term goals: I want to do Masters in Finance (with strategy/policy/economics/law) and then work for atleast 4 years and then take on the PhD/research route. I want to work with portfolio and asset management companies. I then want to eventually go on to teach with flexible consulting/portfolio management roles.
6) Schools: I have considered HEC, LSE, IE Spain, NUS, Oxford. I have cleared CFA l1 and i am taking the level 2 exam next june. I am not going to apply before the i clear level 2, so please consider my profile in the light of the following:
1. B.B.S (majors in Finance) Delhi University 2. CFA L2 3. Almost 3 years of work experience by the time i apply (2013 session) 4. Languages (Hindi, English, Punjabi, Sanskrit (basic), French (by the time i apply i should be good with b2) 5. I want to do a masters course and specialise in Finance and later go on for a research degree and teach. I do however have my reservations about most of the Masters in Finance courses after clearing CFA l2. Most of the curiculum is either repeated or is exactly tuned towards making you clear level 2.
Please guide me on the best Masters Programmes in Finance in line with my goals and which are not just a replica of the CFA curiculum and add value.