I request you to please give me an evaluation of my profile:
Undergrad: LSR/Delhi Univ., India (well known college for top schools) 75% Distinction (ranking in the top 5% of the Univ.)
Masters degree: an MSc. Finance from the London School of Economics, London (63% Merit)
GMAT: 680 (49Q/34V) (first attempt)
Work Experience: 5 years all entrepreneurial
Worked in setting up 2 startups successfully as part of the core team
- a big German company's operations in New Delhi in the business of kitchen furniture: Business Development, Marketing, Team building, with significant international exposure (business/trade) (3 years)
- a kellogg/sloan alum startup alongside founders in E-Commerce (home /furniture products): Business development, Operations, Marketing, Social Media: Set up team, managed team and growth (1.2 years)
Currently (Since Jan 2013)
- setting up several functions in BD/marketing/operations in family business (well known brand in home/furniture/textiles) in India. Involved aggressively in several functions from end to end.
- Served as Student union President in undergrad- several all india level college activities
- completed 150 hours of community service
- LSE executive committee core member, LSR alumni committee core member, active member at important NGO in India in education (since 2012), completed a PG diploma in Journalism, actively attended business forums/certifications
Post MBA goals: Specific international aspirations for family business- specifically interesting in growing operations, marketing, business development, Ecommerce for consumer products (living, home, furniture segment)
+ entrepreneurial aspirations from there based on collective experiences.
The schools applied to include some of the top 15 US schools in Round 2. (does not include HSB, Stanford and Wharton)
The only worrying link in a pretty crisp/clear profile is my marginally low GMAT, although I have high grades in quant subjects in college , masters and a good quant score on the gmat. Expecting great recommendations.
Would you please give me your two cents on the profile? (resume attached)