can you please evaluate my profile and suggest me areas of improvment?
1. Brief Description of my current job:
i've been working as a software engineer in CGI information systems for the past 30 months.
2. Job Role and Responsibilities:
1. Insurance product development and maintenance of an insurance portal for 6 major US and Canadian Insurance Majors. from 2010 oct to 2012 jan.
2. Working for insurance product consultant from 2012 Feb till date.
3. Member of Fun At Work at CGI BFSI, which aims to relieve all members from stress.
3. Proposals and Achievements:
1. Architect and Developer of a Tool Report Online which is a replacement for IBM classic tool that helped in saving 30,000$ per year.
4. College / Graduation
1. Completed Graduation in Electronics and Communication Engineering from JNTU with 3.5GPA.
2. Office Bearer of Student Body: "VEDA" for 2.5years.
3. Editor of a College Magazine "Trishna".
4. Organized National level Tech Fest in 2009.
5. Winner of State level debate.
6. Hosted Freshers Day, Anti Ragging Conference, a national level tech symposium.
High School was solid stats with 91%.
5. Extra Circular Activities
1. Blogger from 2007, blog on social issues.
2. Designed and Developed VEDA website during Graduation.
3. Support of Green Peace : A NGO against Global Warming.
6. Additional Exp
1. Worked for development of Retail chain management and business development in "Ravi Sweets and Bakers" for 6 months.
1. General Management.
2. Marketing Managment.
Aimed score : 705+
Colleges Aimed : University of Illinois, University of Vergina, HBS, MIT;
GMAT : yet to give.
please suggest me areas of improvement and also any other institutions which i had to consider for my MBA Applications?
Post MBA : interested in Joining any firm as a marketing manager.
Im planing to join in 2014 that gives me another year to achieve if i lack in any particular area.
thanks in advance for evaluating and suggesting !!!!
My response to you is very similar to the previous post. Try to assume roles that you give you opportunities for leadership
If your GMAT ends up as intended, consider Kellogg, Duke, Darden, Ross, Tuck, Haas, and Cornell Johnson.
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog