Taking the GMAT again will help for sure!
Schools outside the top 35 in the US, and outside the top 15 in Europe might be a good shot - In addition to Texas A&M, etc. you could look at University of Buffalo, Case Western, California, Irvine, etc. in the US. St. Gallen in Europe and perhaps Schulich in Canada.
All the best!
Can you please help me in identifying the schools that I should target based on my profile and career goals? I plan to start my MBA in 2014 and will be applying in the second round for most schools.
Gender - Male
Age - 26
Nationality - Indian
Bachelor of Commerce (Banking & Insurance), University of Mumbai
Year of Graduation: 2008
Results: 75.2% on 100 (Have not converted to GPA because India does not have a standardized result format)
Completed a Post-Graduate Diploma at Bhavan’s Centre for Inter-Disciplinary Studies (under guidance of S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research)
CGPA – 2.85 out of 4
Total Work Experience: 6 years 1 month
Full time: 4 years 10 months
Part time: 1 year 5 months
• Around 4 years of full-time experience MNC Bank in Mumbai holding various stints in operations, mid-office and front office.
• Longest stint was as an Asst. Relationship Manager handling corporate accounts for the top conglomerates in India. Focused on client servicing, operational hygiene of my entire portfolio, documentation, deal participation
• Efficient in due diligence, preparation of financial scorecards, performance reports and handling all client transactions
My part time experience was in my family business (a distributorship agency for consumer goods). My responsibilities included order book and logistics management, credit sales, and relationship management.
I have worked in various arenas in college including an internship at a boutique investment bank where I was involved in preparation of research reports inclusive of company valuation.
• Elected class representative for a year during my undergraduate degree
• Won a number of inter-college events
• Trekking enthusiast (highest climb at the Tigers Nest monastery in Bhutan which is at a height of 3100 metres)
• Travelling, reading, & music
Total Score: 630 (71%ile)
Quant: 46 (68%ile)
Verbal: 31 (60%ile)
Post MBA goals:
Short term: Consulting (Financial Services division of a top tier firm)
Long term: Completing my CFA and lead a team in the Transaction Advisory vertical of an international firm.
I am primarily interested in completing a one year full-time MBA. I have already applied to Indian School of Business (India) and currently in the process of applying to University of Hong Kong.
I come from a middle class family and would have to take a student loan for the entire tuition which will get very difficult if the tuition and living expenses are too high. I would appreciate your guidance to short list schools in my reach that I could apply to.
Do let me know if you need any further information to evaluate my profile.
Thank you for your support.
Founder and CEO,
Schedule a free consultation with us.
If you like this post - please give us kudos Thanks much!