Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 18:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Require assistance for shortlisting schools

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Require assistance for shortlisting schools [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2013, 02:48
Hi,

Can you please help me in identifying the schools that I should target based on my profile and career goals? I plan to start my MBA in 2014 and will be applying in the second round for most schools.

Profile:
Gender - Male
Age - 26
Nationality - Indian

Educational Qualification:
Bachelor of Commerce (Banking & Insurance), University of Mumbai
Year of Graduation: 2008
Results: 75.2% on 100 (Have not converted to GPA because India does not have a standardized result format)

Completed a Post-Graduate Diploma at Bhavan’s Centre for Inter-Disciplinary Studies (under guidance of S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research)
CGPA – 2.85 out of 4

Work Experience:
Total Work Experience: 6 years 1 month
Full time: 4 years 10 months
Part time: 1 year 5 months

Overview:
• Around 4 years of full-time experience MNC Bank in Mumbai holding various stints in operations, mid-office and front office.
• Longest stint was as an Asst. Relationship Manager handling corporate accounts for the top conglomerates in India. Focused on client servicing, operational hygiene of my entire portfolio, documentation, deal participation
• Efficient in due diligence, preparation of financial scorecards, performance reports and handling all client transactions

My part time experience was in my family business (a distributorship agency for consumer goods). My responsibilities included order book and logistics management, credit sales, and relationship management.
I have worked in various arenas in college including an internship at a boutique investment bank where I was involved in preparation of research reports inclusive of company valuation.

Extra-curricular Activities:
• Cycling
• Elected class representative for a year during my undergraduate degree
• Won a number of inter-college events
• Trekking enthusiast (highest climb at the Tigers Nest monastery in Bhutan which is at a height of 3100 metres)
• Travelling, reading, & music

GMAT:
Total Score: 630 (71%ile)
Quant: 46 (68%ile)
Verbal: 31 (60%ile)

Post MBA goals:
Short term: Consulting (Financial Services division of a top tier firm)
Long term: Completing my CFA and lead a team in the Transaction Advisory vertical of an international firm.

I am primarily interested in completing a one year full-time MBA. I have already applied to Indian School of Business (India) and currently in the process of applying to University of Hong Kong.

I come from a middle class family and would have to take a student loan for the entire tuition which will get very difficult if the tuition and living expenses are too high. I would appreciate your guidance to short list schools in my reach that I could apply to.

Do let me know if you need any further information to evaluate my profile.

Thank you for your support.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 6

Re: Require assistance for shortlisting schools [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2014, 21:31
Hi Pun73R,

You have an average profile. Based on your profile and work experience I would suggest you retake your GMAT. 630 is not very impressive GMAT Score. If you are planning to apply in 2014 you still have time to retake your GMAT and apply with your improved GMAT score to few top 20-30 ranked b schools. If you have no plans to retake your GMAT, you can apply to b schools like

1.Michigan State University (Broad)
2.Purdue University (Krannert)
3. Texas A&M University (Mays)
4.Pennsylvania State University (Smeal)
5. Babson College
6.Tulane University (Freeman)

I would suggest you to take some professional help to prepare your essays. For essays and analysis you may visit http://bit.ly/LtoLSK

Hope that helps. Feel free to write if you have further queries.

Cheers!
Neha Singh

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Require assistance for shortlisting schools [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 23:24
Hi,

Taking the GMAT again will help for sure!

Schools outside the top 35 in the US, and outside the top 15 in Europe might be a good shot - In addition to Texas A&M, etc. you could look at University of Buffalo, Case Western, California, Irvine, etc. in the US. St. Gallen in Europe and perhaps Schulich in Canada.

All the best!
Karthik

Pun73R wrote:
Hi,

Can you please help me in identifying the schools that I should target based on my profile and career goals? I plan to start my MBA in 2014 and will be applying in the second round for most schools.

Profile:
Gender - Male
Age - 26
Nationality - Indian

Educational Qualification:
Bachelor of Commerce (Banking & Insurance), University of Mumbai
Year of Graduation: 2008
Results: 75.2% on 100 (Have not converted to GPA because India does not have a standardized result format)

Completed a Post-Graduate Diploma at Bhavan’s Centre for Inter-Disciplinary Studies (under guidance of S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research)
CGPA – 2.85 out of 4

Work Experience:
Total Work Experience: 6 years 1 month
Full time: 4 years 10 months
Part time: 1 year 5 months

Overview:
• Around 4 years of full-time experience MNC Bank in Mumbai holding various stints in operations, mid-office and front office.
• Longest stint was as an Asst. Relationship Manager handling corporate accounts for the top conglomerates in India. Focused on client servicing, operational hygiene of my entire portfolio, documentation, deal participation
• Efficient in due diligence, preparation of financial scorecards, performance reports and handling all client transactions

My part time experience was in my family business (a distributorship agency for consumer goods). My responsibilities included order book and logistics management, credit sales, and relationship management.
I have worked in various arenas in college including an internship at a boutique investment bank where I was involved in preparation of research reports inclusive of company valuation.

Extra-curricular Activities:
• Cycling
• Elected class representative for a year during my undergraduate degree
• Won a number of inter-college events
• Trekking enthusiast (highest climb at the Tigers Nest monastery in Bhutan which is at a height of 3100 metres)
• Travelling, reading, & music

GMAT:
Total Score: 630 (71%ile)
Quant: 46 (68%ile)
Verbal: 31 (60%ile)

Post MBA goals:
Short term: Consulting (Financial Services division of a top tier firm)
Long term: Completing my CFA and lead a team in the Transaction Advisory vertical of an international firm.

I am primarily interested in completing a one year full-time MBA. I have already applied to Indian School of Business (India) and currently in the process of applying to University of Hong Kong.

I come from a middle class family and would have to take a student loan for the entire tuition which will get very difficult if the tuition and living expenses are too high. I would appreciate your guidance to short list schools in my reach that I could apply to.

Do let me know if you need any further information to evaluate my profile.

Thank you for your support.

Karthik
Founder and CEO,
August Academy,
Chennai.

http://www.augustacademy.in

Re: Require assistance for shortlisting schools   [#permalink] 28 Jan 2014, 23:24