Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Dec 2014, 11:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Resetting Mahattan CATs a good idea?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Resetting Mahattan CATs a good idea? [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 22:33
So I've done about 4 CAT tests, including the free one.

I'm coming in for my second attempt on the GMAT. I've heard the GMATPrep can take at least one reset, if not more, and still throw out new questions.

How do the Manhattan CATs rate? Will they be able to supply me with new & tough questions?

Appreciate it.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
Followers: 188

Kudos [?]: 171 [0], given: 4

Re: Resetting Mahattan CATs a good idea? [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 22:46
Expert's post
ahmadrulz wrote:
So I've done about 4 CAT tests, including the free one.

I'm coming in for my second attempt on the GMAT. I've heard the GMATPrep can take at least one reset, if not more, and still throw out new questions.

How do the Manhattan CATs rate? Will they be able to supply me with new & tough questions?

Appreciate it.

Hello,

We have 6 practice tests on our website, so if you've only done 4 it would be best to do a new one.

As for the number of expected repeats, it depends a lot on where your score trajectory is in comparison to the last time you took the test. If you're scoring higher than you previously were, you might only run into one or two repeats per section (this has been the case for several of my students). But if your score is roughly what is was before, you may see a handful of repeats.

Basically, it boils down to what your goal is with the practice test. If you'd just like to see some new, tough questions, you'll definitely run into plenty of those after a reset. But if you're looking for a good score predictor, you should always take a completely new test.

Hope that helps!

Mark

Mark Sullivan | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | Seattle, WA

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Intern
Intern

Re: Resetting Mahattan CATs a good idea? [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 22:49
Thanks a bunch Mark.

Other than the last test, where I hit a 740, I was scoring around the 670-690 range. I need to hit a 700. At least.

Could you provide some information on the Question Banks I see in the MGMAT Store?

I've exhausted some of the material I had, so I'd be interested in some fresh questions. Are they similar to the ones that appear in the CATs?
Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
Followers: 188

Kudos [?]: 171 [0], given: 4

Re: Resetting Mahattan CATs a good idea? [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 23:14
Expert's post
Indeed, the Question Banks are quite similar. Though, unlike our practice tests, they are not computer adaptive. They contain a full range of difficulty levels. Definitely plenty of tough questions in those banks.

I'd also recommend "Question Pack #1," which you can download as part of the new GMAT Prep. It gives you the option to select only "Medium" and "Difficult" questions (i.e., the ones on which you should focus).

Best,
Mark

Mark Sullivan | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | Seattle, WA

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Intern
Intern

Re: Resetting Mahattan CATs a good idea? [#permalink] New post 28 May 2012, 00:54
Hi Mark

Quick question. If I've already purchased the CATs, can I purchase the Question Bank for the difference between the two prices?

The CATs were for $49, and the CATs + Question bank is for $75.

Can I get the question bank by paying $36?
Intern
Intern

Re: Resetting Mahattan CATs a good idea? [#permalink] New post 28 May 2012, 01:31
Another question.

Would the question bank questions be similar to the Advanced GMAT Quant Book? (The Quant questions of the question bank only)
Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 7

Re: Resetting Mahattan CATs a good idea? [#permalink] New post 29 May 2012, 05:44
ahmadrulz,

You can purchase the Question Banks for $35 here: http://www.manhattangmat.com/storeitems ... 30&catid=4

Each one of our 10 Strategy Guides comes with its own Question Bank of 25 questions. The above item is a collection of all 10 of those banks. The item will not include any questions from the Advanced GMAT Quant book since that book is a supplement and not one of the 10 guides. I hope that helps!

Matt

Matt Mapplebeck | Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Re: Resetting Mahattan CATs a good idea?   [#permalink] 29 May 2012, 05:44