Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 06:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: ROSS(Accepted) CBS-J
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Result correlation between GMAT and Challenges [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2008, 07:56
This post received
KUDOS
I trial m25 and finish with

correctly 30 out of 37 questions; percentile on test m25 is 73.9%
Total time 1h 12m 28s
anyhow, I took the real gmat two month ago and got Q= 48

I think that m25 is much easier than the real test as well as mgmat Right?
Is m25 easier than other sets?? (I am deciding to buy other sets)

Thanks

Fight Force For Future

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 74 [1] , given: 1

Re: Result correlation between GMAT and Challenges [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2008, 12:49
This post received
KUDOS
suryans wrote:
incognito1 wrote:
Test--Correct--Total--% Correct--Percentile
m01 29 37 78.4% 84.3%
m02 36 37 97.3% 100.0%
m03 34 37 91.9% 97.0%
m04 29 37 78.4% 77.6%
m05 31 37 83.8% 94.7%
m06 29 36 80.6% 89.7%
m07 31 37 83.8% 90.5%
m08 28 37 75.7% 86.4%

Real GMAT q50

I bought the entire set on an impulse and boy am I glad I did!
Wao...when you guys talk about percentile, are you referring to the percentile the screen gives you at the end of each test?
So far, I have taken 3 tests.
m01 - 29/37 (84.3%)
m02 - 27/37 (47.3%)
m25 - 23/37 (43.5%)

As you can see, my numbers dont even compare to what I see posted here..
Should I go back to basics and not try to take these tests at the time?
I thought I had a pretty good grasp on the concepts as I am an engineering major and have traditionally been decent at math.

These percentiles reflect your position relative to others who have taken that particular test (for instance, not a lot of people have taken m25, perhaps only those who completed a majority of the others, leaving you at a disadvantage and hence skewing your test result. Your results from m01, which has been taken by a lot of people, are perhaps more reflective of where you stand). From the tests you've taken so far, identify your weaknesses, revise them in detail and try to see if you can re-solve the same questions you got wrong previously. Overall, to best utilize these tests, I would encourage you to brush up on all concepts listed in OG11 - and since you're from an engineering background, I suppose it will not take you long to come upto speed.

My GMAT debrief

1 KUDOS received
CIO
CIO
Followers: 87

Kudos [?]: 690 [1] , given: 334

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Result correlation between GMAT and Challenges [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2009, 14:08
This post received
KUDOS
Nobody should use GMAT Club Tests percentile as a predictor of real GMAT math percentile. Our Tests just give the percentiles that show your position relative to other test takers. Some people get even 100th percentile if they score very high in not very popular tests that were taken by few people.

Our percentiles are not representative of the real GMAT math percentiles.

Welcome to GMAT Club! :)
Facebook TwitterGoogle+LinkedIn
Want to solve GMAT questions on the go? GMAT Club iPhone app will help.
Please read this before posting in GMAT Club Tests forum
Result correlation between real GMAT and GMAT Club Tests
Are GMAT Club Test sets ordered in any way?

Take 15 free tests with questions from GMAT Club, Knewton, Manhattan GMAT, and Veritas.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 0

Re: Result correlation between GMAT and Challenges [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2009, 15:21
This post received
KUDOS
dzyubam wrote:
Nobody should use GMAT Club Tests percentile as a predictor of real GMAT math percentile. Our Tests just give the percentiles that show your position relative to other test takers. Some people get even 100th percentile if they score very high in not very popular tests that were taken by few people.

"Our Tests just give the percentiles that show your position relative to other test takers"

Isnt that what the GMAT does? I know what you are trying to say. But to me, I would like a tool that gives an accurate representation of my current standing. I have scored as low as 27th percentile and as high as the 80th with the challenges. Maybe you can limit it so that everyone can only submit marks once and that questions submitted in review mode don't count? The way I see things, someone could go through in review mode, submit every answer after being shown the correct one and their score would count in the rankings. How am I supposed to compare myself to that? If you don't make some alterations the percentile ranking is basically worthless.

The only thing I was using it for was to monitor my own progress. But as you have said not everyone writes the same amount of tests so it is basically meaningless against that data too! Oh well. The questions are still a decent buy!

ps. I just realized the original post probably should have been over in the other forum. I put it there as well.
1 KUDOS received
CIO
CIO

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Result correlation between GMAT and Challenges [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2009, 02:48
This post received
KUDOS
nitya34 wrote:
Hi All
Would have loved to know what Raw Score these Q49-50 Calibre guys used to get/getting in these GMAT Club tests?

Is it like 31-33 Correct (Qs) out of Maxm 37?

I got Q48 easily in GMAT(last Aug) but my scores here in Q01-Q03 are like 12-15 Mistakes(25/37)
Tests are excellent no doubt about that
They will surely teach you many tricks and also let you perform in timed condition
thanks GMAT Club Team

I'm not 100% sure I understand your question. Majority of scores submitted in this thread have raw scores as well. See this one for example:
p512851-result-correlation-between-gmat-and-gmat-club-s-tests#p512851

The first column is the test number, the second - questions answered correctly, the third - total number of questions, ...

I'm sorry if I didn't get your questions right.

Take 15 free tests with questions from GMAT Club, Knewton, Manhattan GMAT, and Veritas.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 4

Re: Result correlation between GMAT and Challenges [#permalink] New post 28 May 2009, 05:22
This post received
KUDOS
jheaslip wrote:
dzyubam wrote:

"Our Tests just give the percentiles that show your position relative to other test takers"

Isnt that what the GMAT does? I know what you are trying to say. But to me, I would like a tool that gives an accurate representation of my current standing. I have scored as low as 27th percentile and as high as the 80th with the challenges. Maybe you can limit it so that everyone can only submit marks once and that questions submitted in review mode don't count? The way I see things, someone could go through in review mode, submit every answer after being shown the correct one and their score would count in the rankings. How am I supposed to compare myself to that? If you don't make some alterations the percentile ranking is basically worthless.

The only thing I was using it for was to monitor my own progress. But as you have said not everyone writes the same amount of tests so it is basically meaningless against that data too! Oh well. The questions are still a decent buy!

ps. I just realized the original post probably should have been over in the other forum. I put it there as well.

There is no way these test could give a valid percentile because:
1. The percentile is calculated over all the people who take these tests. These people (us) are not representative of the people who take the real GMAT because most of us are determined to get a good GMAT score (that's why we are in gmatclub.com). That should mean that our scores are better that the average GMAT taker and the percentiles are lower.
2. The tests allows to "cheat" by getting into review mode.

Anyway, these tests are very good... just ignore the percentiles.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 6

Re: Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2009, 07:24
This post received
KUDOS
i am taking gmat on 18th july... thanks for the insight
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [1] , given: 10

Re: Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2009, 14:36
This post received
KUDOS
his is my score

Test Correct Total % Correct Mean time Percentile
m01 23 37 62% 66.6903 sec 28%

Could you tell me where do I stand?

28% is way too low. Could someone throw light on this?

Keep trying no matter how hard it seems, it will get easier.

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 89 [1] , given: 26

Re: [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2010, 21:44
This post received
KUDOS
CalSpeedRacer wrote:
Challenge | Score

1 | 83
2 | 95
3 | 77
4 | 93
5 | 89
6 | 99 (*)
7 | 99
8 | 98 (*)
9 | 75
10 | 75
11 | 87
12 | 93 (*)
13 | 89
14 | 98 (*)
15 | 94 (*)
16 | 97
17 | 97
18 | 91
19 | 98
20 | 99
21 | 98

real gmat - 51 (99%)

the challenge interface was being re-done during most of this time so the built in timer wasn't working. thus you could keep going after 75 minutes. i started timing myself. scores marked with a * indicate when i went past the 75 minute mark. in some cases i spent up to 100 minutes. my goal early was on to learn how to do every question, even if it meant struggling during the test. then, from test 16 onwards or so, i was very good at doing the majority of question types. i then started to focus on test-taking strategy and would skip questions in the interest of time. by the last 3-4 challenges i was finishing a few minutes early. also, i would absolutely recommend that you go back and review each question whether you got it right or wrong. make sure you are tackling the problem the fastest way. i spent about 2 hours total on each challenge...75 taking the test and 40 minutes or so reviewing each question and re-doing questions i knew i could tackle faster.

i would really like to thank gmatclub for these challenges. w/o a doubt these challenges raised my score from 85-90% to 99%. the only other math prep i did was the last 1/3-1/4 questions in OG11 and OG quant workbook. i haven't tried mgmat, kaplan 800, etc.. but i would absolutely recommend these challenges if you're shooting for 49+ quant. well, well worth the $79.

Thanks, that was very helpful...

I'm planning on taking my exam this june (after my CFA exam) and I'll definitely do all the GMATClub math and verbal tests...

kudos if you like me (or my post) :P

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross 2013
WE 1: Pharmaceutical industry 5 years, C level
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 20

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests [#permalink] New post 06 May 2010, 01:50
This post received
KUDOS
what about the correlation in the verbal part ?
is it as impressive as the one in the math?
1 KUDOS received
CIO
CIO

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 06:38
This post received
KUDOS
I guess there is no result correlation available for Diagnostic Test. There are some figures for the regular Math Tests together with the free m25 Math test. Sorry for the confusion.

charlemagne wrote:
Hey...I took the GMAT Club diagnostic...and was directed here for the correlation....

Seems am unaware of the Challenge# of the diagnostic....is this the right place for that test?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

they need to be updated!!! [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2006, 07:50
I just realized the last challenges was done over 1 year ago. Do they still reflect the actual exam?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2006, 11:17
Thanks for the posts. I really plan to buy the 25 challenges!! after reading this thread!!
-MRD.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2006, 06:24
Has anyone taken the GMAT within the last week or so who used the GMAT challenges? I too will be purchasing the challenges in the next few months...
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2006, 09:53
Hey,
I've just bought Complete Challenge Package for $79 and I've got only one page to download but not 25 Challenges as of 01/01/2006. Help :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Challenge [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2006, 02:04
Hi, I have a little question, I want to buy access to Challenge questions, but I can't do it through PayPal because I am from Kazakhstan, any other ways to get an access to the Challenge
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

for Praetorian [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2006, 08:53
hi , I purchased challenge and received a mail from paypal. I was expecting an immediate access to the content but still waiting for any feedback. I would like to start it as soon as possible as test day is around the corner.
I also send a mail to payment@gmatclub.com.
Can somebody please look into it ?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

URGENT..NEED HELP [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2006, 09:29
HI! I HAD PURCHASED THE GMAT CHALLENGES FOR $79 THRU PAYPAL TWO DAYS...KINDLY LET ME KNOW WEN I WILL GET ACCESS TO THE TESTS..HOW DO I KNOW THT I HAVE GOT ACCESS TO TESTS?
Intern
Intern

Urgent Need Help [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2006, 07:21
Hi,
I have bought Challenges yesterday. Please provide access.
Thanks
DipanGMAT
Intern
Intern

Access to challenge [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2006, 07:28
Hello,

I purchased the challenges complete package this morning. Please do let me know if I need to send an email or Pm to any one as a confirmation. I think you all are doing a fantasitc job. Also is there an FAQ section for the challenges.

thanks.
Access to challenge   [#permalink] 05 Nov 2006, 07:28