Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 22:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Resume/Employment History Question

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Resume/Employment History Question [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2005, 08:33
hello ...
i have a pretty specific question re: my resume for applications.

ok, one of the schools requires me to fill in an employment history form (since college). well, right after i graudated i worked as a waitress from may - sept...since i was not supposed to start my position until the fall. (accepted positions w/ major consulting firm prior to graduation.)
i just needed to make extra $ and stay busy, etc.

in order to be truthful and accurate, i need to include this position on the employment history.

however, i do not list this work on my resume. (which the school will also see.)
i do list my college internship - then skip to my first "real job" after college.

is this ok?? or does it look like i'm trying to hide something?
i just don't think the waitress work belongs on my resume.
and if i exclude it from my employment history form, it will look like i had a gap in employment.

thoughts??
CIO
CIO
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2005, 17:54
Personally, I'd leave it off the employment history since it isn't really relevant. It doesn't really look like a gap at all, since many grads wait until the fall to begin working post graduation.

If you do include it in the work history, do not include it on the resume. They'll understand that it isn't relevant and won't think you have something to hide.

http://www.mbagameplan.com