Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 20:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Resume - Two tours at same job question

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Resume - Two tours at same job question [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 21:45
In my job experience I worked for a company and left briefly to work for another company. I ended up back at the first company in the same position though (Second company was a different type of job I did not like so I completed my project and resigned; and it helped that the first made me a big offer to come back).

Should I combine these two tours at the first company into one bullet list?

The problem is most of my accomplishments were completed during my first tour. The second tour I have more responsibilities, but my projects are big and have long schedules. They have not completed so there really are no "results" other than the project is on schedule. But my daily responsibilities have increased the second time. I am not sure how to accurately reflect this fact though.
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 26

Kudos [?]: 320 [0], given: 19

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Resume - Two tours at same job question [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 18:51
Expert's post
Despite the fact that you don’t have any results so far at the job, you can talk about the additional responsibilities which may demonstrate leadership, initiative, cross-functional experience, etc. If you are new on the job, you can also leave the job out of the resume.

Diversity

Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 496 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Resume - Two tours at same job question [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 03:30
Expert's post
Well the important thing to do, is to try your best to make it look like progress.... You have a higher salary and the schools will see that so that's great (you could even remind them of that in the essays)... but even if the majority of your projects/acheivments were during your first one, you want to do whatever you can to make your return seem like a return to somehting bigger (even if it's not as full given the shorter term)

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Re: Resume - Two tours at same job question [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 12:58
Because review time is coming up I noticed my Job title had changed to a new level when I returned even though my job duties are the same. I ended up listing both job titles and dates for each one under the same Company heading. I then combined the best of the best bullets where I can show % increase in certain things or projects that had fast ROI's. This move also helped me eliminate having the same company name on there twice since room on a resume is always at a premium.

My job is hard to put on a resume as I am in a technology position. Some of my projects are just improving safety which can be an "invisible" improvement. "x has never happened here but company y experience it once. We need to fix it here too."
Re: Resume - Two tours at same job question   [#permalink] 27 Jan 2013, 12:58