Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 22:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Retake?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Retake? [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2012, 23:26
Hi,
I took my GMAT on 20th December,2012 and scored a 670 (Q-45/V-38). I am aiming for Indian MBA programs and would like to know which colleges have a cut off of about 650 or so.If not , should i retake the GMAT to score above 700?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 70

Kudos [?]: 441 [0], given: 449

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Retake? [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 02:28
bhavanarao007 wrote:
Hi,
I took my GMAT on 20th December,2012 and scored a 670 (Q-45/V-38). I am aiming for Indian MBA programs and would like to know which colleges have a cut off of about 650 or so.If not , should i retake the GMAT to score above 700?

Hi Bhavna,

Colleges don't have a cut off per se. Your GMAT score is just a part of your application (though an important aspect) just like your essays, recommendations, resume etc. are a part of your application.

We see people get into good programs with that score. It really depends on how strong other components of your application are. Saying that, your score is lower than the average score at most of the programs. If you feel you have an extra-ordinary story to tell, by all means go ahead.

My advice would be to give it another shot. If you are submitting your application next year, you have enough time to study well and cross that 700.

good luck.

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Intern
Intern

Re: Retake? [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 02:40
Hi,
The other components of my resume are pretty fine(if I may say so myself) ... Have 3.5 years of IT experience in the Banking Domain.I am aiming for the 2013 intake. Any suggestions as to what colleges I can apply to?
Thanks in advance
VP
VP
Followers: 70

Kudos [?]: 441 [0], given: 449

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Retake? [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 03:04
2013 intake might be a challenge.
All I know is ISB has 2 rounds and most probably both the application submission dates have already passed. Other schools you might want to consider are: Great lakes, MDI etc.

You will need to check the GMAT criteria for every school you apply to. Some of them only accept GMAT score for expats. I'll PM you the list of schools that accept GMAT scores in India.

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Intern
Intern

Re: Retake? [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 22:58
Hi
i scored 610 in gmat, with 48 in quant 26 in verbal. i want to apply for masters in management. please guide me whether with my score i have any chance to get through. I score 83.25% in 10th,88.25% in 12th. I have completed BSC(hons) Physics from Hindu College,University of Delhi in 2012 and had 71%. I have 2 years part-time work experience in Sales and Management of Software Package. I was promoted to General Manager and i had a network of 800 people. I have a good co-curricular record and i am national level scholarship holder.
Pleas guide me whether i should apply to colleges or i should try again.
Regards
Pushkar Raghav
Re: Retake?   [#permalink] 05 Mar 2013, 22:58